Lamp socket changed?

BigOm19

I was pointed to a lighting shop called Teck Huat on Sukhumvit diagonally opposite the Philippines embassy.

It has a small selection of lamp sockets for sale. They don't really do repairs but since I looked so desperate, they didn't know what else to do with me, they got their in-house electrician to change the lamp sockets for me.

Watching him do it confirmed that such an operation would have been beyond my minimal DIY skills. They charged me THB 700 to change 2 sockets and 2 switches. Not worth it since new and rather nice lamps cost around THB1,100-1, 300 and upwards at HomePro, for instance. 

I wanted to save the expensive Thai celadon bases - it would have been a shame to throw them away. 

Here's the address:

Teck Huat & Company

22 minutes ago, BigOm19 said:

They charged me THB 700 to change 2 sockets and 2 switches. Not worth it

22 minutes ago, BigOm19 said:

I wanted to save the expensive Thai celadon bases

Not worth it but you saved the expensive pottery...so kinda worth it ?

• Like 1

Well, not quite.

They’re for a flat I will be selling by next year so no real attachment. Maybe the new owners will appreciate them more. I just wanted to take care of a few details to show the flat was cared for and things are in general good order.

I’ve seen some really lovely Thai celadon in muted greyish-green-blue tones but these are too bright for my personal taste. My Mum is a compulsive shopper.

Thanks for the chat. ?

Edited by BigOm19