My Cleaners Are Complete Cr*p!

simon43

Try stealing staff from another hotel of your price range, go to one far enough away where you won't be known, check in, check the standard of cleaning out then if it meets what you expect offer the house keeper extra$ to change jobs. Encourage her to bring her own people.

If the standard of cleaning is the same as yours, maybe you're over reacting. I usually stay in 800-1000B hotels and I don't expect 5 star service.

And what colour is the moon where you live????

I don't understand it. I rent out a condo and after a tenant leaves it must be thoroughly cleaned and sometimes painted. The first couple of times I took a recommendation from the admin staff for a cleaner and painter. The work was so unfinished that I had to redo the cleaning myself and clean up after the painter. Now I shut myself in for a few hours, turn on some music, open a beer and do the work myself.

'Simons Hotel' is not as bad as some are making out! Sure, if you want a 5-star hotel with zilch family atmosphere, then don't come and stay here :o

If you want an idea of what guests think of our hotel, have a look at Tripadvisor and see what rating we have been given to date - all 5/5 so far :D

Simon

PS - BKKMadness - I didn't pay the money! It got far more complex.......I'm gonna make a TV series about it...

The (domestic) cleaners we have had in the past have gone home each night to their corrugated iron shack with dirt floors shared by 10 or more people. They just haven't (a) understood how to clean/use the appliances at my house and (cool.gif they have genuinely thought that what they are doing is clean.

that is one of the reasons. anyone living in village will see that the houses are open air, wooden floor, no windows so to speak of, no oven/flush toilet, garbage pail, kitchen area etc that demands 'our' kind of cleaning.

my husband is a clean freak. BUT that doesnt include bathroom walls, wall behind the stove, changing sheets (he's used to a thai style mattress on the floor that gets folded up every day w/o sheets pillowcases etc). spider webs etc dont get found. dishes used to be washed w/o soap or hot water. (my kids freaked at that).

it took me a long time to learn to clean an industrial kitchen (kibbutz dining room) since they do stuff differently than in america. (they thought i was dirty or primitive, i think squeeging water out the door is primitive)...

try training ; people are not born instinctively wielding a broom and knowing how to use it . i know. i retrain people every year and i include broom pushing 101 every year. (sweep with the wind to your back, get in all the corners, etc etc. for tourist park that must be clean.)

bina

I haven't read through all the posts, but what I used to do with my maid periodically when things got bad was tell her that I had lost a hundred baht somewhere in the house and tell her if she found it she could have it. Used to work like a charm! The place was spic and span clean.

By the way, I used to actually hide a hundred baht--but she wasn't very smart and it took her the entire house to find it!

But, hey, I am pretty generous, I could get her to do the same for 10 baht.

I haven't read through all the posts, but what I used to do with my maid periodically when things got bad was tell her that I had lost a hundred baht somewhere in the house and tell her if she found it she could have it. Used to work like a charm! The place was spic and span clean.

By the way, I used to actually hide a hundred baht--but she wasn't very smart and it took her the entire house to find it!

But, hey, I am pretty generous, I could get her to do the same for 10 baht.

My missus can spot an alien pubic hair from 300 yards, and I feel could surely help with Simon's hotel cleaning problems. :o