Army chief insists soldier fighting for his life not a victim of discipline

webfact

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The commander of the 31st Infantry Regiment (King’s Guard) in Lop Buri province admitted that he had failed to properly supervise his subordinates..."

Out of curiosity, what discipline will he face for his negligence? Doesn't the Commander have responsibility for the actions of his subordinates? It seems the Thai army has an odd system whereby the higher you rise in rank, the fewer real responsibilities you have... weird.

"...resulting in a “three to one” fight that landed Private Khacha Chapa in the ICU earlier this week..."

A 'three to one' fight? Forgive my naivete, but I have always read that the single most important characteristic of a good soldier was honour. How is it honourable to have a 'three to one' fight?

The Thai army moves in mysterious ways... it is almost like they aren't designed to defend their homeland at all...

Hmm...

Defending the homeland, when was the last time they actually had to do that. The amount of friendly fire (for want of a better expression) deaths inflicted on locals far outnumbers foreign combatants by now. It is far from being an honourable institution from what I can see, way too much scandal gone on to come to any other sensible conclusion.

The list at the end.  omg -- their parents and wives, how will they ever recover?   a road accident isn't as insane and unbearable to imagine what your young man went through.  Talk about administrative betrayal....

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

The Thai army moves in mysterious ways... it is almost like they aren't designed to defend their homeland at all...

Hmm...

It is not about defending the homeland, it's about keeping those cretins in power where they are and the public in check.

It uses its forces to control the people not protect them as they try to pretend.

Admission of any wrongdoing will never happen. To much FACE to lose. perhaps it is time for the Big Man ( PM ) to interfere and demand honesty and truth ! ( doubtful; if that would make any difference though, they will be Honestly LYING ). 

Now the government and military are simply being disingenuous by twisting the words of press releases.  A three against one fight didn't just spontaneously occur between ranking, superior officers and their enlisted subordinate.  The only way that happens in a superior/subordinate situation is when the subordinate is ordered to fight.  This is now even more sickening. 

civilisation is just a thin veneer, especially when uneducated people are given power without control, and without having the capability of understanding the consequences of their (in)actions.

“I hope justice takes its course and these wrongdoers are punished.” 

Don't hold out much hope for justice...

once again a subordinate gets a beating until near death from other subordinates who were obviously ordered to do it.. but as usual the "privates" will take the rap and not the officer who did the ordering..

also the army covering the medical expenses, posting guards outside the room & asking for the story not to be published is an attempt at a cover-up !!

On 8/24/2018 at 4:02 AM, webfact said:

“I confirm that there is no attempt to cover up for the subordinates’ wrongdoing, and we will adhere to the law,” Monchai said,

In most counties that wouldn't need to be said but recognised as a given, but Thailand is so corrupt that it has to be said. Even if it isn't true.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:46 AM, IAMHERE said:

Don't think they'll be able to 'cover up' this one.

Thais can always cover up anything at all by denying it over and over and over until people get tired of accusing, and by looking through you as if you don't exist if you tackle them face-to-face. They are absolutely brilliant at it.

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thais can always cover up anything at all by denying it over and over and over until people get tired of accusing, and by looking through you as if you don't exist if you tackle them face-to-face. They are absolutely brilliant at it.

This is why their justice system is so slow. It is done on purpose to wear you down and so that people forget. It then all gets swept under the carpet. It is a constant tactic and has been done since the country became an alleged democracy.

Look at just one example " The Burmese two! "  Thailand, sooner allow two innocents to rot in jail indefinitely than ' lose face ' and catch the real perpetrators.

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

This is why their justice system is so slow. It is done on purpose to wear you down and so that people forget. It then all gets swept under the carpet. It is a constant tactic and has been done since the country became an alleged democracy.

Look at just one example " The Burmese two! "  Thailand, sooner allow two innocents to rot in jail indefinitely than ' lose face ' and catch the real perpetrators.

Face has already been lost, it's now quite time so everyone will forget it. 

unfortunate for the wounded soldier but I have seen this kind of punishment in the time I served in the Army so if the guy don't get it after a beating well i hope he will remember also hope he pull out of this one.

Archived