Is it possible to extend the 90 day NON IMMIGRANT VISA for 30 days ?

Is it possible to extend the 90 day NON IMMIGRANT VISA for 30 days at the local immigration office (this means without doing a visa run)? We are in doubt whether to get the non immigrant visa or METV. Thanks so much.

7 minutes ago, lyskamm said:

We are in doubt whether to get the non immigrant visa or METV. Thanks so much.

How old are you?

How long do you plan to stay in Thailand?

Are you the spouse or parent of a Thai?

What’s your nationality, and where are you applying for the visa?

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no 30 day extension for a non immigrant visa possible.

There is only a 60 day extension for those married to a Thai or have a Thai child.

Is it possible for a 12 months non O  visa  already finished today to be extented tomorrow in chiang mai for 60 days more when married to a Thai and  have a Thai child?

I tought it was written 28_ not 23 on the last stamp from Mae Sai^^ and I would like to avoid paying 2000 Thb in Savannaket on monday then.

16 minutes ago, Zendo said:

Is it possible for a 12 months non O  visa  already finished today to be extented tomorrow in chiang mai for 60 days more when married to a Thai and  have a Thai child?

I tought it was written 28_ not 23 on the last stamp from Mae Sai^^ and I would like to avoid paying 2000 Thb in Savannaket on monday then.

Yes they should still give you a 60 day extension, but you’ll have to pay thd overstay fee at 500 baht per day.

11 minutes ago, Zendo said:

As from tomorrow you'll be on overstay.

Yes you can extend for 60 days married to a Thai. 1,900 baht.

Just explain to Chiang Mai you misread the date and hope their lenient and understanding.

Your wife will have to attend in person with you.

9 minutes ago, Zendo said:

thanks for reply ?

It sounds a good option for me then, because it will only cost 500thb for overstay...

Do you know what documents are required for this extension of 60 days ?

Completed TM7 form.

TM 7 Extension of Stay.pdf

Printed both sides on one A4 paper.

Passport.

2 x Passport photos.

Copy of Photo page.

Copy of Visa.

Copy of last entry stamp.

Copy of TM6.

Wife's Tabien Baan and ID card.

Marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage registration certificate (Kor Ror 2)

If your in rented accommodation, then proof of address, such as rental agreement, copy of landlords Tabien Baan and ID card.

All copies such be signed.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zendo said:

OK, I didn't know about the 2 months plus.. I was doing 15 month only with 4 borders run.

Only 3 borders run..that also sounds comfortable !! Thank you for the advice ^^

Yes.

Enter on new Visa - 90 day entry + 60 day extension = 150 days.

Border run - 90 day entry + 60 day extension = 300 days.

Border run - 90 day entry. (only stay 65 days until Visa expiry date). = 365 days.

Border run - 90 day entry + 60 day extension = 515 days.

Renew Visa - repeat.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Completed TM7 form.

TM 7 Extension of Stay.pdf

Printed both sides on one A4 paper.

Passport.

2 x Passport photos.

Copy of Photo page.

Copy of Visa.

Copy of last entry stamp.

Copy of TM6.

Wife's Tabien Baan and ID card.

Marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage registration certificate (Kor Ror 2)

If your in rented accommodation, then proof of address, such as rental agreement, copy of landlords Tabien Baan and ID card.

All copies such be signed.

Re " rented accom." , do you mean rental agreement or copy of etc , or copy of id etc? 

8 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Re " rented accom." , do you mean rental agreement or copy of etc , or copy of id etc? 

Original and copy of rental agreement in case they want to see the original with signed copies of owners house book and ID card.

Well, well, well.. it Didn't work out like i thought... I juste had the right to pay the same amount 1900 + 500 for overstay BUT for 7 days only because or overstay... Have to go monday on savannaketh still.

24 minutes ago, Zendo said:

Well, well, well.. it Didn't work out like i thought... I juste had the right to pay the same amount 1900 + 500 for overstay BUT for 7 days only because or overstay... Have to go monday on savannaketh still.

CM have a reputation for being strict, but not allowing you to pay 1 day overstay and extend for 60 days was rather harsh.

So basically they refused the extension but gave you 7 days to leave the Country.

At least you won't have to pay any overstay at the border.

But at least you now know how to maximise your new Non Imm O ME Visa to get 17 months and only 3 border hops, if that's any consolation.

Edited by Tanoshi

New informations on their way...The Main officer found strange that I want 7 days extension for family purpose... So we talked and He helped me to change mind of the previous employee... Waiting for results now.. crossed finguers for the 60days extension to come. 

8 minutes ago, Zendo said:

New informations on their way...The Main officer found strange that I want 7 days extension for family purpose... So we talked and He helped me to change mind of the previous employee... Waiting for results now.. crossed finguers for the 60days extension to come. 

What did you state on the form?

I hereby apply for extension period of temporary stay in the Kingdom for……………days.

Should have stated 60 days.

Reason of extension.

Visit Thai wife.

Let's hope common sense prevails.

Edited by Tanoshi

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

What did you state on the form?

I hereby apply for extension period of temporary stay in the Kingdom for……………days.

Should have stated 60 days.

Reason of extension.

Visit Thai wife.

Let's hope common sense prevails.

I did Ask for 60 days on the first place and explain with my wife why i missed to renew in time, we talked with 3 different officers from different bureau...All said 7 days permitted only even After begging them, Lucky that the Boss is a Smart Guy and understand the case fully....

Still waiting ...

Edited by Zendo

7 minutes ago, Zendo said:

I did Ask for 60 days on the first place and explain with my wife why i missed to renew in time, we talked with 3 different officers from different bureau...All said 7 days permitted only even After begging them, Lucky that the Boss is a Smart Guy and understand the case fully....

Still waiting ...

A worn stamp, a dry inkpad, smudging, or not enough pressure on the stamp can easily make an '8' look like a '3', or take the '3' as an '8'.

Same happened to me with a 90 day report some time ago, definitely looked like '13th' until it was magnified, then it became '18th'.

I have seen my passeport, good until 22th October.

I had to pay 1600 for  tm30 adress landlord report Never donne before.

Now i'll have to do special photo cession..and i'll got my passport

34 minutes ago, Zendo said:

I had to pay 1600 for  tm30 adress landlord report Never donne before.

Aah, yes, CM are one of the offices who enforce filing a TM30 when you enter, or re-enter the Country.

You should file a new TM30 every time you re-enter to comply with their policy or face further fines.

Mission Done, but of course not without surprises !!

After 40mn waiting  for making this "Special Photo Session" they discovered that the software would not allowed them to take my pic... because of the adress I lived in is from Lamphoon district and not Chiang Mai... That means I lost 4h30 over there for nothing , because at the end they just canceled the extension already filled in the passport, gave me back all the money : 1900 + 500 overstay fine + 1600 TM30 fine.

Then I went to Lamphoon immigration office, just above the feet of the Huge golden monk on the doï, There was a small dedicated team that did all the job (that Chiang Mai one did in 4h 30mn) just in 20mn chrono !! with the smile and relaxed like a Zen master ^p

And on top of That He explained me that Chiang Mai office usually overcharge the penalty for the TM30.. he just ask me 800thb instead of 1600thb : that's a good one.

This office opened 2 years ago and if your adress allowed it : GO there, it's the best service available : fast and nicely done !

Now I am good until 22 october.

Than you again Tanoshi for sharing advices and your experience.

19 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes.

Enter on new Visa - 90 day entry + 60 day extension = 150 days.

Border run - 90 day entry + 60 day extension = 300 days.

Border run - 90 day entry. (only stay 65 days until Visa expiry date). = 365 days.

Border run - 90 day entry + 60 day extension = 515 days.

Renew Visa - repeat.

" Border run - 90 day entry + 60 day extension = 515 days.

Renew Visa - repeat."

I'm almost at the end of my last 90 day entry but I can't go to Imm to get my usual 60 extension or renew my visa just yet so my Q is, if I go to the land border, can I get 30 days visa exempt? 

I don't have any 30 day exempts in my passport as always had a Marriage Non O

If I can get the 30 days exempt at the land border crossing, I plan to go to Imm when that finishes and get my usual 60 days ext and after that to savannakhet to get another Non O.

From UK

Thanks 

Edited by BillyBobzTeeth

16 minutes ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

I'm almost at the end of my last 90 day entry but I can't go to Imm to get my usual 60 extension or renew my visa just yet so my Q is, if I go to the land border, can I get 30 days visa exempt? 

Yes you can do it. But avoid the Poi Pet crossing to Cambodia.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

I don't have any 30 day exempts in my passport as always had a Marriage Non O 

Yes, you shouldn't have a problem getting a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Edited by elviajero
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2018 at 6:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can do it. But avoid the Poi Pet crossing to Cambodia.

Not sure now ? Is this saying I can't do it?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/86306-Validity-of-visa-and-permitted-length-of-stay.html

**30-day visa exemption scheme is NOT counted as extra days you can stay in Thailand.**

Edited by BillyBobzTeeth

26 minutes ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

Not sure now ? Is this saying I can't do it?

No it does not.

I am not sure why that statement is even there since it is about "Validity of visa and permitted length of stay".