Cambodian visa to uk

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If she's on a 30 day stamp, make sure you get the visa application in so that there's enough time for them to issue the visa and return her passport, so she doesn't overstay in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

cambodians only get a 14day visa exempt stamp, otherwise they need a 2 month tourist visa.

6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Providing she’s legally resident in Thailand, yes.
Not wishing to be pedantic, but she applies, not you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

for some reason i cant reply to toots question, yes you can but you/she doesnt stand any chance of getting one, unless she is very rich and has really really good

cast iron reason to return,  just speaking from experience.

for some reason i cant reply to toots question, yes you can but you/she doesnt stand any chance of getting one, unless she is very rich and has really really good
I know of a number of Brits with Cambodian partners/girlfriends, a number of whom have successfully applied for visit visas, none are particularly rich.
You are correct in saying that they do have to demonstrate reasons to return, as do applicants of any nationality.

cambodians only get a 14day visa exempt stamp, otherwise they need a 2 month tourist visa.
Thanks for that, I thought Cambodians got 30 days like Laotians. In that case, she will need a visa or she won't be legally resident in Thailand for long enough for the UK visa to be processed.
Being rich has nothing whatsoever to do with it, if the visit is being sponsored. My Lao girlfriend (now wife) has had 2 visit visas and she hardly has a baht or kip to her name!

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks for that, I thought Cambodians got 30 days like Laotians. In that case, she will need a visa or she won't be legally resident in Thailand for long enough for the UK visa to be processed.Being rich has nothing whatsoever to do with it, if the visit is being sponsored. My Lao girlfriend (now wife) has had 2 visit visas and she hardly has a baht or kip to her name!

not in our case, my cambodian wife had over a $1000.0 in her account, i had, her sponser over 85,000 pounds, still no visa, just for holiday, unbeliveble.

They need to prove that there's a valid reason for her to return to Cambodia like a job/family...wouldn't matter how much money he had if they didn't get their story straight. He doesn't mention the reason... thats why I only use a visa agent/lawyer coz they help you get your story straight, a lot of people go in unprepared and don't bother researching

When we got our visit visa their was another envelope coming back for a ladyboy who used the agency, agency told him not to say he got his/her money from working in a massage shop but they added it anyway - straight refusal
Since when has "working in a massage shop" meant that a visa is declined. Lying on a visa application can result in a 10-year ban.

On 8/25/2018 at 6:09 AM, theoldgit said:

But what was the reason for the refusal, I suspect not affordability?

I can only assume the ECO never saw my bank account details, in fact my entire existence in the application was ignored, they said the only reason for her to go to the UK was to work. She hasn't got a job, house , land, children etc, so very easy to use the old excuse, no reason to return. We live together in Thailand, as man and wife, have done for more than 6 years now.

Thinking of applying for a settlement visa now, so they can't use that reason for refusal anymore.

Archived