MRT Brown Line to be built alongside expressway

webfact

MRT Brown Line to be built alongside expressway

mrt.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 24 August 2018 (NNT) - The Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning (OTP) has concluded that both the planned expressway and MRT Brown Line subway will be built along the abandoned pillars on Kaset-Nawamin Road, connecting east and west Bangkok. 

According to OTP Director-General, Chaiwat Tongkamkoon, feasibility and environmental impact studies revealed that the area along the abandoned pillars on Prasert-Manukitch, also known as Kaset-Nawamin Road, is appropriate for both a subway and expressway to be built on the same line and will result in high economic returns. The subway and expressway have an expected return of 22.3 and 38.9%, respectively. 

The MRT Brown Line will start from Khae Rai Intersection and travel along Ngam Wong Wan Road, continuing onto Prasert-Manukitch Road, turning south along Nawamin Road, and ending at Phuang Siri and Ramkhamhaeng Road for a total distance of 22.3 kilometers. 

The expressway will start from the East Outer Ring Road, travel along Prasert-Manukitch Road and Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, ending at Ratchawipha Interchange for a distance of 17.2 kilometers. 

The subway is expected to cost 50 billion baht, while the expressway should cost 25 billion. The results of the studies will be presented to the land transportation management committee. Construction is expected to commence in 2020. The expressway is scheduled to open in 2024 and the MRT in 2025.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-08-24

There seems to be so many more of these sky-train lines popping up everywhere now, surely they'll run out of colours soon?

Why do I get the feeling if this new line has problems it will become the "shit-brown line"?

What will be next - stripes, pantone or RGB. It's the colour-blind tourists I feel sorry for.

Numbers are your friends, brown in RGB hex: 964B00 - much easier!

57 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

"Brown Line".....not the best choice of colour.

I was going to say... that naming has its own bodily function connotation here in Thailand.

Perhaps they should have decided to call it something like... the Mocha line, or the Tan line, or the Sewer line...or something!!!

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

or the Sewer line...

We've reserved that one for Phuket Pattaya LRT if it ever gets started.

I too think the lines need names or numbers to go with the colours, already having issues with just what RAL colour the Green Line is. The Purple line has at least 4 different (but very similar) shades of purple.

24 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We've reserved that one for Phuket Pattaya LRT if it ever gets started.

I too think the lines need names or numbers to go with the colours, already having issues with just what RAL colour the Green Line is. The Purple line has at least 4 different (but very similar) shades of purple.

Good idea: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RAL_colors#Violet

Just when will we be able to play Mornington Crescent - Mor Chit perhaps? although it doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

I remember Bangkok when there was no sky train BTS, and no elevated express ways

and highways. It took over an hour to get from the Don Muang airprt to Nana Hotel.

Swampy was still a swamp, and the baht was lower. I for one like all the sky train routes, and

take 3 routes when I stay in BKK. Also the pollution was bad back then as well.

Geezer

42 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I remember Bangkok when there was no sky train BTS, and no elevated express ways

and highways. It took over an hour to get from the Don Muang airprt to Nana Hotel.

Swampy was still a swamp, and the baht was lower. I for one like all the sky train routes, and

Geezer

yep. the pre bts days. spent them wallowing in my own swill in Nana

Geezer

On 8/24/2018 at 4:38 PM, KhunFred said:

"Brown Line".....not the best choice of colour.

It's no mistake that 80 odd years ago Waddington's chose brown for the cheapest and least salubrious areas on the Monopoly board - Old Kent Road and Whitechapel...

Archived