Thai father kills son on Bangkok road

webfact

Thai father kills son on Bangkok road

By The Nation

d0c16e291720b59d902dea1db4db5cb3-sld.jpe

A father slashed the throat of his son with a broken bottle and killed him on Pattanakarn Road in Bangkok’s Prawet district early on Friday, police said.

The father was also injured with a self-inflicted wound on his throat as he attempted to kill himself in front of PT petrol station near Soi Pattanakarn 79 at 4.50am.

Earlier, police said he was a migrant but he was later identified as a Thai man, Montree Saenya, 33, who lives on Soi Onnut 66 in Prawet district.

He kept murmuring that he had to do it because he had no money. His slain son appeared to be around three to five years old.

The man was sent to the Sirindhorn Hospital and placed in police custody.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30352868

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-24

Very tragic incident, RIP young boy.

For the father to say the reason was no money is very weak in a country that has a high employment record, he'll be thinking about it for a very long time in a Thai jail cell.

Why couldn't he have offered the child up for adoption, I'm sure there's plenty of childless couples that would have taken him.

What an idiot!

2 hours ago, sotsira said:

Very tragic incident, RIP young boy.

For the father to say the reason was no money is very weak in a country that has a high employment record, he'll be thinking about it for a very long time in a Thai jail cell.

Why couldn't he have offered the child up for adoption, I'm sure there's plenty of childless couples that would have taken him.

What an idiot!

Adoption?

The orphanages in Thailand are very full, and adoption takes a long time.

14 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Adoption?

The orphanages in Thailand are very full, and adoption takes a long time.

Yes, my friend and his Thai wife adopted a kid here. They wanted to do it properly to make sure there would be no problems. It took a long time because the officer in charge of the child wouldn't say directly that she wanted a bribe (must keep up appearances for foreigners). My friend knew she wanted a bribe but didn't want to pay as he thought him and his wife adopting a child was a win win for everyone, and there should be no need for anything illegal to be done. Sadly he had to pay the bribe as the officer wasn't going to sign off on it until they did. 

Had he paid the bribe initially the kid would have been officially his very quickly. I hope that female officer goes straight to hell. 

I just hope that Thailand will work harder at 'EDUCATING IT'S PEOPLE'......... Schools are so inefficient and under-funded in thailand and 'illiterate' people as this guy are the result.....

Educated and 'in the know' people seldom do such as this (not a 100% claim - mind you)....... But a bit of litteracy is a big help...........

I say........ better schools instead of 'submarines and tanks' are in order........ FOR THAILAND....... AND IT'S FUTURE..........

Junta..... Listen up...... your pockets are full enough now..... Work on the real problems, not just the ones that you tinnk are giving you a 'bigger face'..........

12 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

I just hope that Thailand will work harder at 'EDUCATING IT'S PEOPLE'......... Schools are so inefficient and under-funded in thailand and 'illiterate' people as this guy are the result.....

Educated and 'in the know' people seldom do such as this (not a 100% claim - mind you)....... But a bit of litteracy is a big help...........

I say........ better schools instead of 'submarines and tanks' are in order........ FOR THAILAND....... AND IT'S FUTURE..........

Junta..... Listen up...... your pockets are full enough now..... Work on the real problems, not just the ones that you tinnk are giving you a 'bigger face'..........

Although this guy didnt go to school in Thailand

Archived