Good places to buy alcohol (like tequila)

7of9rocks

As you know, foreign alcohol is taxed to the roof and there's a one bottle limit when bringing something in so I was wondering if there is a place you guys go to to buy alcohol.    I'm aware of a few places that seem to target foreign residents but I don't have a clue as to whether there are other places I should be looking.

Many thanks!

most big tescos have a good booze selection...11am to 2pm and then 5pm to closing...and the locals shop there, not just for falangs...I've seen tequila there but probably not the best quality...plenty of the usual whiskys, gins and vodkas...

I'm not picky and stick to the locally bottled Gilbey's vodka...OK with plenty of ice, soda and a splash of lime juice (cheap and in bottles near the vinegar)

Tops Market

Rimping Market

Paragon Gourmet Market

No not cheaper, but you can find brands other places do not carry. Then you have your Chinese Liquor stores which takes more effort to search out, but some do stock more brands.

If you are bringing in a bottle already .... don't bother  ........ but the disliked, King Power duty free carry some harder to find items. Tequila, I wouldn't know BUT right there when you take the turn into arrival immigration lines, the King Power Sells liters of Meyers Dark Rum. Only place I have ran into it in Thailand so I generally pick up a liter. You might double check to see what they have. Yes you can buy on arrival. They allow that. 

Make it so

Here is a thought you might consider.     Instead of looking for a place to purchase alcohol  why don't you look for a way to stop drinking alcoholic beverages then you wont have that problem and it will be much better for your health!    

47 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Here is a thought you might consider.     Instead of looking for a place to purchase alcohol  why don't you look for a way to stop drinking alcoholic beverages then you wont have that problem and it will be much better for your health!    

Well, there's a trade-off.

Imbibe to moderation and be amiable company in a bar or stop drinking altogether and become an annoying prig on TV. All about priorities and to each his own.

3 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

Well, there's a trade-off.

Imbibe to moderation and be amiable company in a bar or stop drinking altogether and become an annoying prig on TV. All about priorities and to each his own.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45283401

Annoying prig!   Of all the nerve.    Suggest you and the OP read the above article.

5 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

If you are bringing in a bottle already .... don't bother  ........ but the disliked, King Power duty free carry some harder to find items. Tequila, I wouldn't know BUT right there when you take the turn into arrival immigration lines, the King Power Sells liters of Meyers Dark Rum. Only place I have ran into it in Thailand so I generally pick up a liter. You might double check to see what they have. Yes you can buy on arrival. They allow that. 

This is interesting.    I'm usually too focused on getting into a line as fast as possible!    I'll look; thanks!     And for the other suggestions from other posters, many thanks.

49 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45283401

Annoying prig!   Of all the nerve.    Suggest you and the OP read the above article.

You do know that TV members by definition can all read and have access to the internet? You do know that by definition those that drink legally are adults and therefore can make up their own minds how to lead their lives?

For these reasons and for pursuing the matter, you have been upgraded honorably to persistent annoying prig.

Archived