BTS, what card?

lassebasse

I am planning for a couple of days in Bangkok and this time I will try to use the BTS. There seems to be a one-day pass that works the whole day of issue, why not for 24 hours? I will probably choose between the Smart Pass and the Rabbit Card. When it comes to travel I think they are the same or are there any differences that I have not noticed. 

Any advice out there of which card to choose?

BTS were selling a 3 day pass, failing that get a Rabbit card.

Be careful with any of the passes, if you go outside the core system (past On Nut or Saphan Taxin) you may have an extra fare to pay, Rabbit just works.

Important Note:- Rabbit only works on the BTS, if you want to ride the MRT (underground and Purple Line) you need an MRT-Plus card too.

I know, I know. I've spent the best part of 14 years trying to get everyone on the same page, Mangmoom looked promising but that's in trouble due to interference from MRTA and the banks ?

I believe the still sell the one day pass for THB 120. This is a good value if you’re going to ride a lot in one day. You’d have to ask them why it’s not good for 24 hours, probably be too many arguments about when the card was purchased.

Rabbit card is great, just a stored value that allows you to avoid the change and pass lines. Added benefit of a 10% discount at a lot of shops...

Archived