Airport Rail Link to install passenger guard rails next month

webfact

Airport Rail Link to install passenger guard rails next month

By The Nation

arl.jpg

FILE photo

The Airport Rail Link will start installing passenger guard rails at all seven stations next month, its managing director said Monday.

Suthep Phanpheng, managing director of Electrified Train Co, operator of the Airport Rail Link, said the installation would cost Bt13 million and is expected to be completed in three months.

The stainless steel guard rails would be similar to those used for Japan’s Shinkansen railway system, Suthep added.

He said the Electrified Train Co had identified a contractor and already signed a contract with the firm for the of the installation of the guard rails.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353033

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-27

23 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Some can find fault with what looks like a move aimed at improving  public safety. 

This is TV - this is an automatic response from 95% of the miserable buggers who post on here and yes, it does get very boring.

4 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Hard to believe this hasn't been done already. The Thai concept of "safety" is hard to fathom.

I don't remember seeing safety barriers on any station platform anywhere in the UK - except for the extension of the Jubilee line.  The British concept of "safety" is hard to fathom.

And yet here is Thailand installing more safety barriers...

Japan even has these at bus stops and seems to work very well.

As said, I've never seen any in the UK.  However, I don't recall reports of accidents either.  Maybe us Brits are more inclined to 'stay behind the line' until the train has stopped!

Archived