where to get a gold ring size increased?

zeekgarcia

Thai gold or farang gold? If Thai gold, then any gold shop where there is a technician. The larger shops almost always have one on duty, sometimes only half-day or a few days per week.

If farang gold, then I would be curious as well. I have tried numerous times to get an 18K gold ring size increased and every single shop I have been to, I get the EXACT same answer "Oh thong falang, mai dai".

Following...

19 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Thai gold or farang gold? If Thai gold, then any gold shop where there is a technician. The larger shops almost always have one on duty, sometimes only half-day or a few days per week.

If farang gold, then I would be curious as well. I have tried numerous times to get an 18K gold ring size increased and every single shop I have been to, I get the EXACT same answer "Oh thong falang, mai dai".

Following...

US gold

Ratchadamnoen, Soi 4.  About 50 meters past 'Gaps House' guest house, on the right hand side.

There are two jewellery shops. The shop to the south will do the work. Just had a ring resized there myself. But... it will depend on how much of a size change is needed. They can make them larger by about a full size just by stretching, but if you need more, they will have to cut and insert more gold.  For just the stretching, they probably won't even charge you.  Nice people to do business with. I've had them make several rings for me in the past; I supply the stones and design. They supply the gold or silver and the workmanship. Very reasonable prices.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:56 AM, elektrified said:

Following...

What's the diff between Thai and Farang gold?

Is it the percentage of gold inside or the combination?

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

What's the diff between Thai and Farang gold?

Is it the percentage of gold inside or the combination?

Higher percentage of gold - cca 23k as stated above. But it's a mystery why Thai gold craftsmen won't touch non-Thai gold. They absolutely will not look at it or touch it. I have probably asked at 6 different places, and others foreigners I've spoken with all have received the same response as well.

Archived