Murderer arrested after seeing red at Pattaya snooker hall

webfact

Murderer arrested after seeing red at Pattaya snooker hall

6pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Crime Suppression Division police finally caught up with a Pattaya man who murdered a cassava farmer at a Bang Lamung snooker hall in 2012.

Farmer Somkhuan "Tee Lek" Pinyosiriphan, 42, was shot five times at the Chamber of Commerce snooker hall in Huay Yai in November of that year.

Sanchai Chanchakit, 34, had been on the run since escaping from the scene on a motorbike.

Police discovered he was staying in Phuket. Cue action on Friday when the CSD arrested him at a dry cleaners in Patong.

He told investigators that he was angered when "Tee Lek" had a go at his parents while he was playing snooker.

He saw red and took aim with a 9mm gun.

He added that since then he had lived in a variety of places in several provinces with relatives.

He was arrested on a warrant for murder and weapons offences and detained.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-27

Nice to see he dropped his relatives in the cooking pot.

Now the cops can arrest them for harbouring a suspected murderer and likely find all sorts of contraband  in their homes.

Nice one Sanchy!!

Thai's squeel like piglets when they get busted.

41 minutes ago, webfact said:

He told investigators that he was angered when "Tee Lek" had a go at his parents while he was playing snooker.

He saw red and took aim with a 9mm gun.

Absolutely mental! Lock him up and throw away the keys. Or better yet, give him the death penalty.

Sometimes i really  wonder who writes the headlines here.  (Murderer arrested after seeing red).  Is this some kinda aussie slang? I am non native but i havent see such a strange words combination in other english media.

9 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Why weren't the police able to locate the suspect at one of his relative's home(s) in the past year?

they waited for the camera's...they don't do much without a '' grandstanding photo opp''...thailands moto...''whats the point if no one notices''

6 hours ago, rtr4 said:

Sometimes i really  wonder who writes the headlines here.  (Murderer arrested after seeing red).  Is this some kinda aussie slang? I am non native but i havent see such a strange words combination in other english media.

Seeing red is a very common phrase to mean in a state of extreme anger or seeing a red mist.  As the main balls used in snooker are red the headline is a pun.

6 hours ago, The manic said:

Seeing red is a very common phrase to mean in a state of extreme anger or seeing a red mist.  As the main balls used in snooker are red the headline is a pun.

Now you have really confused him

I think when he says he is a non native he means "speaker" so thats a reasonable defence in this case

As for it being Aussie slang out of the question, far to clever for that lot 5555555

21 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Absolutely mental! Lock him up and throw away the keys. Or better yet, give him the death penalty.

Yeah.  The childhood western chant of "Stick and Stones etc..." is not a very much quoted or lived by here.  Much more the complete opposite. "Any excuse is better than none" seems more popular with Thais seeking justification for mindless violence.  Talk about thin skins.  From the bottom to the very top of in many parts of Thai society.   Perversely, and inexplicably, it seems to be actually admired.

Archived