How does 90 day reporting work?

Hi guys,

Soon I'm going to Savannakhet to get my first Non-Immigrant O visa based on marriage to my Thai wife. When I spoke to the immigration at Ubon last time they confused me by saying that after Savannakhet, I had to go immediately back to them in Ubon to register my address (which they already have, I have given it to them several times). Surely I can just do this online once I have my O visa? Do I need to do my first 90 day report as soon as I get back into the country, or can I wait?

Ubon is 100Km drive so it would be a massive benefit if I could just do it online.

It's a bit annoying how everyone you speak to in Thailand tells you something different.

Thanks.

I suspect that Ubon may be referring to the TM30 requirement (which has been well-documented on here) rather than 90-day reporting. Will you be getting a single-entry or multi-entry non-O from Savannakhet?

If you get a multiple entry non-o visa that allows 90 day entries you will not need to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country since you will not be staying long enough to need to do the report. You will have to leave every 90 days for a new entry.

If getting a single entry non-o visa to apply for one year extension of stay based upon marriage you will do the 90 day reports to immigration. Your first report would be due 90 days from the date you apply for the extension.

Immigration wants a new TM30 report every time you enter the country.

Which office in Ubon is 100 km from you. There are two offices. One in Sirindhorn and in the city at Rajabhat university.

1 minute ago, pr9spk said:

Single-entry. Do I need to report to Ubon immigration as soon as I get back with my Non-O visa?

Yes. They want a TM.30 report. It's the report made by the owner, or house-master, or possessor of the property you're staying at to report that you've arrived/are staying at their address. Nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

Yes, you would definitely be strongly advised to report to Immigration with a fresh TM30 upon your return from Savannakhet. Presumably you will be applying for an annual extension of stay on the grounds of marriage to a Thai national from them within 30 days of the permission of stay granted under your single-entry non-O visa expiring?

Edited by OJAS

Single-entry. Do I need to report to Ubon immigration as soon as I get back with my Non-O visa?

Ubon are obviously referring to section 38 of the Immigration Act, which requires the house master, owner, or possessor to report a foreigners arrival at the residence when entering the Country.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

You need to file a TM30 form.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The one in Sirindhorn might be closer dependent upon where you live.

Sirindhorn is a bit of a windy annoying drive. Went to Chong Mhek a few weeks back to donate clothes and dried noodles to the Laos people after the floods.

Can a TM30 be done online?

Very few individuals have been registered to use the online system for private residences.

The online site is predominately for commercial businesses, hotels, guesthouses.

You may be able to submit it by post with a pre paid self addressed envelope.

I'd use EMS send and return.

5 minutes ago, murphya33 said:

Late for 90 day reporting. What is the penalty?

Usually 2,000 baht.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

Edited by Tanoshi

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

A couple of years ago I was 10 days late for 90 day reporting at UdonThani. I was fined 200 baht.

Without receipt and the IO was able to purchase tea.  ?

Prepare for the worst, not all IO's are corrupt.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Without receipt and the IO was able to purchase tea.  ?

Prepare for the worst, not all IO's are corrupt.

Absolutely bang on the money.

No questions, no problems no receipt.

In recent times the office has had a complete change of staff.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1