ทารัสชีเมีย

redbicycle

Thalassemia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalassemia

I think the Thai spelling should be ธาลัสซีเมีย

Thanks sweet ball , my niece seems very serious as she need breathing device and got to change her blood to survive , she is now in chiang rai hospital, her parent is not very well off. My sister in law wanan help the poor litttle gal no matter how much is it. Do you have any hospital of doctor to recommend ??????????

My daughter has a less serious form of thalassemia than the one you mention.

The symptoms didn’t appear until she reached puberty. She would fall asleep in class, felt tired all the time and generally lacked energy. Numerous visits to doctors over 5 years failed to find the cause.

The doctors thought it may have been caused by heavy periods or her just going through the teen years. She was given a birth control implant at an early age and prescribed folic acids along with others supplements.

It was only after another Thai family member was diagnosed with Thalassemia after a series of blood tests that the true cause of my daughter’s problems was found.

Fortunately she is able to control the effects with diet.

I wish your niece the best, I’m sure someone in your area knows a hospital or doctor they can recommend.

My daughter has a less serious form of thalassemia than the one you mention.

The symptoms didn’t appear until she reached puberty. She would fall asleep in class, felt tired all the time and generally lacked energy. Numerous visits to doctors over 5 years failed to find the cause.

The doctors thought it may have been caused by heavy periods or her just going through the teen years. She was given a birth control implant at an early age and prescribed folic acids along with others supplements.

It was only after another Thai family member was diagnosed with Thalassemia after a series of blood tests that the true cause of my daughter’s problems was found.

Fortunately she is able to control the effects with diet.

I wish your niece the best, I’m sure someone in your area knows a hospital or doctor they can recommend.

Thanks farma,

I post at this time cos she seems serious , can't sleep .......