Videos: Accusations fly thick and fast in bottle attack on tourists at Full Moon Party

webfact

Videos: Accusations fly thick and fast in bottle attack on tourists at Full Moon Party

1pm.jpg.bc4de0c76db4031016ce66d36b6f82c1

Picture: Thai Rath

Accusations were being hurled on social media as much as punches after various clips were viewed online of the altercation in front of a pharmacy on Koh Pangan.

A female foreign tourist was hit over the head with a bottle suffering injury. Pictures showed bloody injuries.

As CCTV footage emerged to go with a phone video some people were claiming that the tourists struck first while others were condemning the black shirted Thai man for an unprovoked attack.

There was a sign outside the shop that read "Please Do Not Seat (sic) & No Parking".

When the tourists disobeyed the sign tempers appear to have flared.

Thai Rath indicated that the man in the clip had made a charge against the people who posted the phone video.

Footage was available on Facebook under the names Kullanat Juntason and (in Thai) X-Pitiphat.

More details to follow as we hear of them.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-28

The shop owner seems to think the path and road in front of his 

shop is part of his fiefdom ,if they don't move, bottle them,even

worse they were girls,he needs to get some serious time for this,

but doubtful he will.

regards Worgeordie

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

As CCTV footage emerged to go with a phone video some people were claiming that the tourists struck first

Let's say this is true, what to do? For me, I'd go back into my place of business and call the police. It's all on CCTV, right? The last thing that would go through my mind would be smashing a bottle over anyone's head. Especially a woman's head. 

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath indicated that the man in the clip had made a charge against the people who posted the phone video

Can't a man smash a bottle over a woman's head anymore without having to be held accountable? What kind of society are we moving towards? 

only in Thailand an a hole gets bang to rights assaulting a female with a bottle causing injury, and he is suing the person who took the video, for i presume LOSS OF FACE, they need to scrap this stupid law and BLOODY GROW UP ,

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Let's say this is true, what to do? For me, I'd go back into my place of business and call the police. It's all on CCTV, right? The last thing that would go through my mind would be smashing a bottle over anyone's head. Especially a woman's head. 

Can't a man smash a bottle over a woman's head anymore without having to be held accountable? What kind of society are we moving towards? 

And the saddest part about it is that the sentence for posting stuff is bigger than it is for assault. Obviously, bringing shame upon the country by letting people know this stuff goes on here, is a far bigger crime than seriously injuring someone. I will now wait for someone to try to tell me that the justice system here isn't a complete joke.

27 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

An Equal society ,does not matter who's head you smash it over ,ladies wish to be equal to us men , so just have to accept that its not different ,man or woman ,if you have a bottle smashed over your head .

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath indicated that the man in the clip had made a charge against the people who posted the phone video

" How dare someone film me committing a serious assault on a female tourist!  What were they thinking! I could get in a whole lot of trouble for something like this!  I could even be fined 500 baht!!! "

7 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

An Equal society ,does not matter who's head you smash it over ,ladies wish to be equal to us men , so just have to accept that its not different ,man or woman ,if you have a bottle smashed over your head .

Ah, did the woman smash a bottle over his head first?

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And the saddest part about it is that the sentence for posting stuff is bigger than it is for assault. Obviously, bringing shame upon the country by letting people know this stuff goes on here, is a far bigger crime than seriously injuring someone. I will now wait for someone to try to tell me that the justice system here isn't a complete joke.

Complete joke - sadly not a very funny one!

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well the western women want to have equal rights/treatment as the men, here she got some....

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

Well the western women want to have equal rights/treatment as the men, here she got some....

Ah, so you're saying cos women want equal rights and to be treated equally, they shouldn't complain when they have a bottle smashed over their heads? What about old and/or disabled people? Would it be the same logic? 

Men are typically stronger than females. That's just biology. That doesn't mean you have to conflate equality with ability. Even professional fighters have weight classes. 

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Ah, did the woman smash a bottle over his head first?

Ah, could the woman smash a bottle through the shop glass window later?

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I did think in my mind whether the guys could have retreated into the shop and called the police but at this point I can see the women were actually fighting to win and the men were defending themselves....bad that she got hit with a bottle but these women(mainly the blonde one) started it physically.. 

the women were throwing punches, I actually saw a lot of restraint from the guys..no punches just trying to push them off the property

Where's the respect, if you ran a business and drunks were blocking the entrance..they simply asked them to move

No doubt the media will cry foul and chop edit the video to spin the narrative that these guys acted unprovoked 

16 minutes ago, richiejom said:

I did think in my mind whether the guys could have retreated into the shop and called the police but at this point I can see the women were actually fighting to win and the men were defending themselves....bad that she got hit with a bottle but these women(mainly the blonde one) started it physically.. 

the women were throwing punches, I actually saw a lot of restraint from the guys..no punches just trying to push them off the property

Where's the respect, if you ran a business and drunks were blocking the entrance..they simply asked them to move

No doubt the media will cry foul and chop edit the video to spin the narrative that these guys acted unprovoked 

LOL garbage

15 minutes ago, richiejom said:

Yea, poor guys were provoked into bottling a woman. 

Just now, rkidlad said:

Yea, poor guys were provoked into bottling a woman. 

They looked like they were bemused, they are in their own country, trying to run a business..ask drunks to politely move from blocking their entrance... then they get attacked first and are in a battle to the death on their own turf... they held back from punching...looked like he acted in a split second coz he didn't know how to get them to p*ss off

best the 2 above can come up with are short one line responses

Why do farang have such an entitlement mentality and get belligerent at the slightest provocation? 

These 2 young women clearly exacerbated the drama by pushing/shoving the Thais first, likely believing they would not retaliate.  They got what they deserved.

4 minutes ago, nemrut said:

Why do farang have such an entitlement mentality and get belligerent at the slightest provocation? 

These 2 young women clearly exacerbated the drama by pushing/shoving the Thais first, likely believing they would not retaliate.  They got what they deserved.

Good post. I hope you get many likes.

12 hours ago, Small Joke said:

This zoo went tits up the moment the locals took it over. 

You could say that about the end of the Empire. Thais have never been civilized with a Maxim Gun.

People appear to see what they want to see when it comes to these videos and make assumptions on the cause of the incident. If you watch the second video in the OP, its obviously the shops security cameras taken from above, thats the shops footage, not footage that someone else has taken or is being sued for.

It appears to have nothing to do with blocking the entrance or asking the girls to leave, it appears the girls want to enter the shop and they are being stopped from entering. Lots of pointing into the shop and arguing etc, I presume something to do with an earlier incident. When the incident starts both women are on the street and keep trying to enter the shop. 

While a bottle over the head is not justified, it does appear the women are the aggressors, at some point if a woman is attacking you, what is an appropriate action ?

11 hours ago, nemrut said:

They got what they deserved.

Jesus wept.

Some serious women haters on this forum. Or cowards.

13 hours ago, richiejom said:

then they get attacked first and are in a battle to the death on their own turf...

Jesus wept 2.0

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

"Battle to the death on their own turf" ???? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

You been playing too many X Box games and need to get out more.

Lowlife cowards who could not fight their way out of a paper bag.

Scum.

4 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Some serious women haters on this forum. Or cowards.

I even heard the women in the video referred to as 'ladies' as well 

noun, plural la·dies.

1. a woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken:She may be poor and have little education, but she's a real lady.
  2. a woman of high social position or economic class:She was born a lady and found it hard to adjust to her reduced circumstances.
  3. any woman; female (sometimes used in combination):the lady who answered the phone; a saleslady.

Archived