Acer PC won't start

JAS21

It has an ssd. Last night it worked ok.

Now when I push the start button there is a slight noise and the fan starts and then stops immediately ...this is repeated every few seconds.

Ideas please before I take it to IT Square

Edited by JAS21

Just now, johng said:

Errmm   didn't you ask about this before...and  what's it got to do with  Acer PC not starting ?

Somehow ...that was in my phone when I tried a new topic ...I deleted it and then posted the above ..sorry

ohh ok makes sense now..

PC not starting  ..does it beep ?       Check the RAM  is seated properly..an old trick is to take the RAM sticks out then use a pencil eraser to clean the gold contacts before reinserting.

(be very careful not to knock the very small surface mounted components near the gold fingers off )

main-qimg-85a5ba0e8a46393bf883821b811bfb5e.png.96892ed11cdc0ac3bae6baa1cd0bac78.png

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, johng said:

ohh ok makes sense now..

PC not starting  ..does it beep ?       Check the RAM  is seated properly..an old trick is to take the RAM sticks out then use a pencil eraser to clean the gold contacts before reinserting.

main-qimg-85a5ba0e8a46393bf883821b811bfb5e.png.96892ed11cdc0ac3bae6baa1cd0bac78.png

I 'wiggled' the cable to the ssd ..now the fan runs ok ...no bleep and no signal to the screen ... I hook the memory out and back ...I have two hard drives in this as well as the ssd

I live a few hundred meters down from the junction of Chaengwattana and Prachachuen road ... you are welcome anytime.

I have now got it working ...no idea what I did (Crossy knows how useless I am with computers)... just unplugged a few connections and plugged them back in ... then tried it and got the one bleep on starting...success I think ....I do need to get a new wifi card and on legs keeps falling off.

I don't keep beer there is a shop near ....?

My other PC is broken .....

Edited by JAS21

It's not the CPU fan.

If the CPU fan is not spinning it will take several seconds for the CPU to heat up enough to reach the thermal limit.

In that time it will print "CPU FAN ERROR" prior to posting.

I'm more than willing to come and rebuild your PC for free next time I have to hit the big mango. 

If I break something, you can have my wife (555).

Jazz also willing to rebuild your PC but on the condition you bring it here (near Central westgate) That is not real far away from you. I got some stuff here that might help you and I like building PC's at home where my stuff and PC's are just in case i need something.

• 3 weeks later...