Ex-Scottish leader Salmond resigns from SNP amid misconduct allegations

webfact

2 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

I am sick of politicians full stop. They live in a totally protected and hypocritical bubble. For the most part, they are out of touch with reality and actual real life. They wouldn't last five minutes in a commercial environment.

Come the revolution my list is long of the first ones that will go against the wall.

Power to the people!!!

Replace 'revolution' with 'coup' and 'people' with 'military' and you sound just like Prayut, who seems to think that politicians are a breed apart, incubated in bubbles and then suddenly emerging as fully-fledged politicians. In reality, most have actually gained experience in the real world, often in a commercial environment, and some have even been very successful. There are exceptions of course: those who read PPE at Oxford (mainly Tories) and then steadily climbed the political ladder, but they are very much the minority. Come the revolution, there are a few other people I would target first.

3 hours ago, scotsman said:

Interesting to see the P&J taking a somewhat more conciliatory stance than I would have expected, given their usual nod to the union. 

Salmond was never quite my cup of tea but he seems to be behaving honourably over this.

I will reserve my judgement over this matter until I have the facts

I take a rather jaundiced view of this anti harassment wave. There is a fine line between caddish behaviour and gentlemanly behaviour and the width of that line various with the time of the day, the time of the month, the depth of the sporren and the length of one's Sgian Dubh!

Women in the West should consider what they really really want?

9 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Oh my.  ?

And the AXXHXLE wants the citizens of his party to pay for his escapades.Hey send some of that money  for my next weekend in Pattaya,At least the ladies that will be getting it will be earning it.

6 minutes ago, AsiaHand said:

And the AXXHXLE wants the citizens of his party to pay for his escapades.Hey send some of that money  for my next weekend in Pattaya,At least the ladies that will be getting it will be earning it.

You are demonstrating more than simply a lack of understanding of the case at hand. But semantics aside, he sought contributions to the legal costs of his challenge to the process which was followed by the Scottish Government under the Permanent Secretary. 

Should anyone be interested, the Permanent Secretary is selected by the Scottish Cabinet from a shortlist provided by Westminster, Scottish administrations not being allowed to independently appoint their own PS. 

13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Scotland's now crowd funding a politician yeah right? 

£50k...

If he is so right then he will be awarded damages so he will not be out of pocket.

£50k, That must be pea nuts to him, but there again why dig into his own pockets, he is a true Scotsman.

14 hours ago, transam said:

Well Stalin is out, for obvious reasons..Red Ken has shown his true colours via the cost of his one hour speeches.......Thought about Arnie but his todger raised a question....Suppose postman Pat maybe worth looking into, or even Ivor the train...Forget Geoffrey Archer, very complicated..?

As I post I have it on good authority Frank Field (ex Labour MP) is thumbing a lift on the M6 heading north...

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

£50k...

If he is so right then he will be awarded damages so he will not be out of pocket.

£50k, That must be pea nuts to him, but there again why dig into his own pockets, he is a true Scotsman.

Astonishingly  he has made and surpassed the 50k target "eat my words" it must have been giro day.

19 hours ago, transam said:

Well Stalin is out, for obvious reasons..Red Ken has shown his true colours via the cost of his one hour speeches.......Thought about Arnie but his todger raised a question....Suppose postman Pat maybe worth looking into, or even Ivor the train...Forget Geoffrey Archer, very complicated..?

Kim Jong Un it is, then...?

5 hours ago, Basil B said:

As I post I have it on good authority Frank Field (ex Labour MP) is thumbing a lift on the M6 heading north...

And he's someone else who is not my cup of tea but is acting honourably. These actions give the lie to those who would tar all politicians with the same brush.

20 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

I am sick of politicians full stop. They live in a totally protected and hypocritical bubble. For the most part, they are out of touch with reality and actual real life. They wouldn't last five minutes in a commercial environment.

Come the revolution my list is long of the first ones that will go against the wall.

Power to the people!!!

Hi Wolfie ?

Signed

2ic Tooting Popular Front

( Retired )

21 hours ago, transam said:

The fat controller??

On 8/30/2018 at 7:10 PM, Grouse said:

Salmond was never quite my cup of tea but he seems to be behaving honourably over this.

I will reserve my judgement over this matter until I have the facts

I take a rather jaundiced view of this anti harassment wave. There is a fine line between caddish behaviour and gentlemanly behaviour and the width of that line various with the time of the day, the time of the month, the depth of the sporren and the length of one's Sgian Dubh!

Women in the West should consider what they really really want?

To wear the pants?  

Fine,  just keep yer wee mitts aff ma kilt, Hen.

Underneath it, is where they belong! 

Archived