Burning dry landscape stuff

1happykamper

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Don't burn and don't assume.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

Not a very clear answer. That doesn't answer my question. Is it illegal to burn landscape materials? If so.. then is it normal for the materials to be picked up at the street with my normal refuse?

• Like 1

Interesting comments about the legality of burning waste. Here in rural Issan garden bonfires are a regular occurrence along with the burning of sugar cane fields, especially at the night, during harvesting. Waste from the harvesting of rice is also burnt. The smell of smoke can be quite nauseating and the law is disregarded.  

• Like 1

Its sa pitty many thais just burning their trash and polluting the air and bother their neighbours. So as we are coming from a more developed country to solve trash problems we should show to thais a better way and not burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 8/31/2018 at 3:30 PM, Paul Catton said:

I do have a "domestic" chainsaw that enables me to reduce tree limbs to sizeable cuts for burning after dry seasoning so smoke is all but negated.

Lots of people still use wood for cooking or for starting their charcoal cooking fires.  Finding someone to give it to should not be too hard.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2018 at 1:16 PM, 1happykamper said:

I live in saraphi. My house is on 1 Raí with only a few neighbour's. Is it legal for me to burn leaves.. Tree branches and such?

When in Rome......  On aserious note, I wouldn't worry about it. Do it early mornings, and I mean early. and make sure the fire is not smoldering but burning with a proper flame. No one would care about it.

PS. I like the size of your plot.

8 hours ago, Vacuum said:

When in Rome......  On aserious note, I wouldn't worry about it. Do it early mornings, and I mean early. and make sure the fire is not smoldering but burning with a proper flame. No one would care about it.

PS. I like the size of your plot.

Cr@p idea.  Early morning smoke just lingers.  Leaves here produce a lot of smoke.  Best to burn (actually, best NOT to burn) in early afternoon if there's a breeze to clear the air.  But best to compost.