K bank Promenada

Dellboy218

Kasikorn Bank at Promenada was closed today (30th August)...all the windows have been blanked out and the ATM; PUM and cash deposit machines are switched off. There's a note on the front door advising that the nearest available branch is at Big C on the super highway, just along from Makro.

Regards,

Joe

6 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Kasikorn Bank at Promenada was closed today (30th August)...all the windows have been blanked out and the ATM; PUM and cash deposit machines are switched off. There's a note on the front door advising that the nearest available branch is at Big C on the super highway, just along from Makro.

Regards,

Joe

Perhaps a 'practice run' for their actual full closure coming very soon.

I got a letter in English and my Thai son and his wife got several letters in Thai about the final closure. Not surprised, number of customers would hardly be enough to pay the rent.

They have busy branches at both Big C locations on the superhighway.

Plus K bank and BBl have already announced they are aiming to reduce branches and get more customers into cyber banking and telephone banking. Seems to a be a trend in many countries. 

Just wondering if other banks at Promenade will follow, some have very very few customers and Promenada doesn't seem to be doing anything to promote their complex and get more customers / visitors to visit.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps a 'practice run' for their actual full closure coming very soon.

I got a letter in English and my Thai son and his wife got several letters in Thai about the final closure. Not surprised, number of customers would hardly be enough to pay the rent.

They have busy branches at both Big C locations on the superhighway.

Plus K bank and BBl have already announced they are aiming to reduce branches and get more customers into cyber banking and telephone banking. Seems to a be a trend in many countries. 

Just wondering if other banks at Promenade will follow, some have very very few customers and Promenada doesn't seem to be doing anything to promote their complex and get more customers / visitors to visit.

My wife got a couple of registered letters too. One said that if she doesn't withdraw her money before they close that it could take weeks or even months to recover the funds from some department somewhere in Bangkok.

8 hours ago, amexpat said:

Wassamatter the credit cards?  I don't use mine very much but never a problem. 

Aren't you glad I asked? 

Absolutely.  Bangkok Bank only want to issue Chinese Union Pay cards.  I waited 2 months for a replacement Visa card when it should have been 1 month. I started to complain and they said there was a problem with the paperwork.  They wanted marriage certificate, wife's signatures etc on an account purely in my name.  They did the same with my English (both) neighbours after 3 months wanting wife's signatures, it took them 6 months in the end to get a card.  I told Bangkok Bank that I hoped the Chinese paid enough to make up for losing customers.  No such problem with the new bank where a choice of Visa or Mastercard was offered. 

My wife got a couple of registered letters too. One said that if she doesn't withdraw her money before they close that it could take weeks or even months to recover the funds from some department somewhere in Bangkok.

Great way to loose customers. I'd be gone. They could easily transfer the accounts to a nearby branch.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/30/2018 at 6:35 PM, elektrified said:

I do hope this is not true as I have an account at KBank Promenada but I'm living back in UK right now so was unaware of this closure taking place and all my direct debits, etc come out of that account and my debit card is also linked to it!

Have emailed their customer service team to seek clarification.  In the UK my bank Barclays closed the branch I was with but kept everything account number/sort code unchanged but maybe Thailand does things differently which is gonna be a problem for me  ?

From the 6 K banks I only go to, there is a pattern.

The biggest banks with the most staff I can guarantee never have more than 3 customers whenever you go.

Chang Klan and the Hang dong road next door to Robinsons I can go every time and be the only customer which is fantastic. the staff must be bored to tears. both these branches are really very big.

Then you get the one at Big c, at about as big as my bathroom, customers queing outside the door at opening times, the lunch break and its usually a 15 people wait. actually it seems all the other banks are equally busy there.

Nimmen road, tiny branch, often very busy.

They need to focus on getting rid of the big branches with no customers and increasing the size of banks in the busy areas. Central festival has it right, everyone has large branch.

3 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

They need to focus on getting rid of the big branches with no customers and increasing the size of banks in the busy areas. Central festival has it right, everyone has large branch.

I think you'll find it's the high rents that keep the branches small.

Cheap rent/land = big branch.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I think you'll find it's the high rents that keep the branches small.

Cheap rent/land = big branch.

well that's worrying if the banks cannot afford rents.....then again its been proven all around the world that banks are terrible at business

Have had a reply from KBank about my account at the Promenada branch and it seems the closure of the branch will NOT affect the account number just the branch address which is now at :-

ROOM NO.GCR006, 1ST FLOOR, BIG-C SUPER CENTER BUILDING, 208 MOO3 SUPER HIGHWAY CHIANG MAI-LAMPANG RD. THA SALA MUEANG CHIANG MAI CHIANG MAI 50000

So normal operations such as Direct Debits, ATM transactions, Money transfers, KCyber online access should be unaffected by this merger between branches thank goodness.

Archived