TB and IELTS certificate submit in bkk or Sheffield?

I am in the process of applying for a settlement visa for my Thai wife. I am in the UK and shall be submitting supporting documents  directly Sheffield.  Can my wife submit her TB cert , IELTS cert, birth cert and indeed her divorce cert when she does her biometrics in BKK or do I need to submitt them to Sheffield along with all the other supporting Doc'. Many thanks for any help you can give me. Regards Michael

My wife submitted them in BKK first when she did the biometrics to get the initial visa. She then brought them over to present in Sheffield once she was in the UK.

This was a few years ago so I am not sure if the process has changed. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, Mickymocky said:

I am in the process of applying for a settlement visa for my Thai wife. I am in the UK and shall be submitting supporting documents  directly Sheffield.  Can my wife submit her TB cert , IELTS cert, birth cert and indeed her divorce cert when she does her biometrics in BKK or do I need to submitt them to Sheffield along with all the other supporting Doc'. Many thanks for any help you can give me. Regards Michael

She can either submit them to VFS when she attends to have her biometrics taken, or send thm to you for you to add yours and then send to Sheffield.

Don't forget, in addition to the documents you listed,  she'll need to submit a signed hard copy of the application form.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:36 AM, BobbyL said:

My wife submitted them in BKK first when she did the biometrics to get the initial visa. She then brought them over to present in Sheffield once she was in the UK.

This was a few years ago so I am not sure if the process has changed

I think you mean she submitted her documents at VFS to get the initial visa, and then submitted them to Sheffield for her FLR or ILR application(s) as it was only in 2017 that the processing of the initial visa was moved to Sheffield!

Thank you very much indeed for the reply. I was just confused as I had read that VFS where no longer scanning documents. Would there be any benefit in her posting them to me and me submitting them in Sheffield or are VFS going to ask for the documents when she has sent them to me. Again thank you very much for your help.

5 hours ago, Mickymocky said:

I was just confused as I had read that VFS where no longer scanning documents

Apologies; I haven't checked for changes lately; something I should have done before answering you.

Whilst VFS do scan documents for all other visa applications, they no longer accept supporting documents for settlement applications; so my original advice is no longer correct. 

For settlement applications, all supporting documents must be sent direct to Sheffield; see Supporting documents for a visa application.

So she can either send them to Sheffield direct herself, or send them to you for you to add yours and then send them all together. I would suggest the latter to keep it all together.

Apologies again for my misinformation.

Archived