Uk ilr visa form help

Hello

i am applying for a ilr visa for my Thai wife soon as we have been in the uk together for the 5 year route and need some help on a question in the set m form.they ask how long have you lived together? Would that be including the time I spent in Thailand with her or only the time in the Uk? 

Any help would be great.

samsong101

If you were living as a couple in Thailand then include that. If you were not resident then my advice would be to stick with the time you were living together!

Anything in between can be documented in the covering letter.

Edited by bobrussell

Thanks for the reply, I will look back at my passport stamps and add up my time in Thailand and the time in the Uk.

Also another thing regarding my bank statement required for the application. My account is paperless so I printed off 6 months worth and hoped to have them confirmed with a stamp, signed and a letter on headed paper confirming they were copies of the originals. My   

Bank refused to stamp them, I told them there was no problem the last time I applied for flr visa but said their policy has changed to prevent fraud. They said I should send them to head office to have them confirmed, which takes 7-10 working days, what should I do?

Thanks in advance

samsong101

Off the top of my head, on the question of how long living together, are you sure you haven't already answered that question in previous applications? If so, best to be consistent and just add on the additional 2.5 years or whatever, to what you said last time.

Re the bank statements - try a different branch for stamping or try asking the head office if they'll post out statements, which should be (but best to check) official headed originals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply,

i went to a different branch and they said they couldn't stamp my online statements but they could order me 6 months worth free of charge and supply a cover letter to confirm they are copies of originals.

for the question about how long have you lived together I put 5 and half years in the uk as the wife first came on a family visit visa for 6 months then returned and then we applied for settlement. I spent a lot of time in Thailand but was never a resident and done so many visa runs it is difficult to work out how long we have actually lived together and can't remember that question being on flr visa.

one more question I need help with for the ilr set m form,they ask about children settled in the uk, mine are both British citizens so do I still need to provide birth certificates and passports even though we are applying only for my wife and no dependants?

im on section 2c and section 3 of the form

thanks in advance

samsong101

Edited by samsong101

11 hours ago, samsong101 said:

one more question I need help with for the ilr set m form,they ask about children settled in the uk, mine are both British citizens so do I still need to provide birth certificates and passports even though we are applying only for my wife and no dependants?

im on section 2c and section 3 of the form

thanks in advance

from the form:

SECTION 2C: YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR CHILD - Complete if you are applying as a parent of a child who is present and settled in the UK 

She is not applying as the parent of a child who is present and settled in the UK, she is applying as your wife. Therefore this section can be ignored.

SECTION 3: CHILDREN UNDER 18
You are required to provide details of any children under 18 who are living with you in the UK, and who are applying for indefinite leave to remain as your dependants.

Your children are British citizens and are not applying for ILR as dependents of your wife. 

3.3  Does your partner have any children living in the UK from a previous relationship? 

Yes, you do; but

3.4 If you have answered ‘Yes’ to question 3.3 are any of these children subject to immigration control

Your children are British citizens and so are not subject to immigration control, but

If you answered no to questions 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 please proceed to section 4

You answered 'Yes' to 3.3, so unfortunately do have to provide their details in 3.6. (if they do not have passports etc, simply put 'None').

From section 12 only asks for passports, birth certificates etc. for children of the applicant, not of the sponsor.

Children

If you have children under the age of 18 in the UK (or children who are over 18 and who have been granted leave in this category as your dependent), you must provide the following documents for each child:

Remember, whenever the form says 'you' or 'your' it means the applicant, your wife, not the sponsor, you.

Thanks for the reply 7by7

The children I'm talking about are ours(me and my wife's) not mine sorry, I worded it wrong, my eldest was born in Thailand and the youngest in the uk but they both have British passports as I'm British, so am I right in saying I don't need to send any passports or birth certificates for my daughters with the application?

thanks in advance

samsong101

Edited by samsong101

I think, from guidance on the form I quoted above, that as they are her children then she does need to provide the documents listed in section 12 for them.

So I would include them; better, in  these circumstances to provide something they don't require than leave out something which they do.

But I suggest that if possible you make use of the Settlement Checking Service

You can use this service to request a local authority to accept and send your SET (M) application to the Home Office.

They will make sure that your application is correctly completed and will copy and return your original documents on the same day.

Not all local authorities offer this service; but you don't have to be resident in an area which does to make use of it. They will charge a fee, how much varies from authority to authority but it's usually between £100 to £120; check with yours, or your nearest if the one where you live doesn't offer it. 

Unfortunately, though, this service is only available in England and Scotland.

Up to you, but I think it's worth it to avoid delays due to missing documents or mistakes on the form if sent direct to UKVI and the possibility of documents being lost.

Of course, your wife could always apply in person, which means not only will UKVI check her documents and the form, but she will also get a decision that day. This is very expensive; an extra £610; I'd only recommend it if for some reason she needed her passport back quickly.

Note that neither of the above can be used if applying online, only if completing the paper form.

Also another thing regarding my bank statement required for the application. My account is paperless so I printed off 6 months worth and hoped to have them confirmed with a stamp, signed and a letter on headed paper confirming they were copies of the originals. My   
Bank refused to stamp them, I told them there was no problem the last time I applied for flr visa but said their policy has changed to prevent fraud. They said I should send them to head office to have them confirmed, which takes 7-10 working days, what should I do?
Thanks in advance
samsong101

How does not stamping verifiable statements prevent fraud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk