The dark secret of Thailand’s child brides

rooster59

Just now, NOWHERE said:

I think it is ignorant to think that the Koran is a Stone Age fairy tale. It is held as the perfect word of God by 1.2 billion adherents. 

More fool them. It's dangerous nonsense. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It's always been accepted by Moslem scolars that she was much younger than 15.

The scholars you quote are recent Moslem apologists trying to deflect criticism of the Koran.

The fact is that there isn't enough historical evidence to back any claim. 

Like Christian arguments people use religious documents, not historical ones to define the history.

7 minutes ago, NOWHERE said:

I think it is ignorant to think that the Koran is a Stone Age fairy tale. It is held as the perfect word of God by 1.2 billion adherents. 

Yes and the Bible is the same.I should have said bronze age of course. Both the Bible and Koran are archaic relics from the distant past and should be considered rubbish regardless of how many billion idiots follow them.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Underage Muslim girls are regularly forced into marriage with Malaysian men, and the government turns a blind eye

So essentially pedophilia in Malaysia is government condoned because, well, it's Sunna.  <headshake>  Pedophilia is not Ok just because your religion and government say that it is Ok.  It's morally and ethically abhorrent and the practice needs to be abolished.

25 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It's always been accepted by Moslem scolars that she was much younger than 15.

The scholars you quote are recent Moslem apologists trying to deflect criticism of the Koran.

But just like Christian scholars it wasn't historians observing facts, it was religious figures making up stories. The hadiths that stated her age began about 2 centuries after Muhammad's death. There is absolutely no evidence he married a six year old. I don't believe the Koran anymore than I believe the Bible. I'm going to disagree with you on this Spidey. 

I like the wiki I quoted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

OK, bashing time!

The Arabs give us the numbering system that we all use today Also gave us algebra and the ,one time, largest library in the world.

Scientologists are the most blatant brainwashers in the world. Most of their converts are American. They gave us Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Kirsty Alley!

That was millennia ago. There are considerable grounds for saying the Middle East has not progressed to a modern society since and because of the advent of Islam.

I regard all forms of religion as a mental cancer. With the possible exception of paganism, which actually deals with what humans can see and feel.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That was millennia ago. There are considerable grounds for saying the Middle East has not progressed to a modern society since and because of the advent of Islam.

Well all the people I quoted were Moslems. Lots of factors as to why Arab advancement stalled.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

With the possible exception of paganism, which actually deals with what humans can see and feel.

A tree hugger! Many parallels with Thai animism (Jao Thi and all that). Another crock of sh***!

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Well all the people I quoted were Moslems. Lots of factors as to why Arab advancement stalled.

Yes, however, IMHO Islam was the principal factor.

A religion that insists the Koran is immutable, and is the last word of God? Cannot be questioned?

1 hour ago, NOWHERE said:

I don't think it's ignorant at all.

I think it's ignorant that people still believe all this tripe. So is the Bible with a similar amount of followers. And when did the Muslims arrive at theirs was ' the last and true religion '

Both religions are a load of tosh for desperate people or those of low education to believe in and rely on in times of need and the fear that death is final.

You only have to look at the alleged scholars, Imans or Holy men that promote this nonsense to see it is altered to suit their needs more and more.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Yes, however, IMHO Islam was the principal factor.

A religion that insists the Koran is immutable, and is the last word of God? Cannot be questioned?

It's not the only religion that has that mantra. Most do.

Noticable that no one has mentioned the Tanakh in this topic.

Sadly, propaganda is not always what the government tell you, it is also what they don't tell you. Lying by omission it is called. We see tool few articles to judge Islam. I have af feeling that the censorship is omitting the really horrible truth. For me Immigrant who integrate are welcome....immigrants who don't are not?

For me Islamists demanding Sharia law or whatever reversion of it they claim should be on eat first boat home.

4 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Sadly, propaganda is not always what the government tell you, it is also what they don't tell you. Lying by omission it is called. We see tool few articles to judge Islam. I have af feeling that the censorship is omitting the really horrible truth. For me Immigrant who integrate are welcome....immigrants who don't are not?

For me Islamists demanding Sharia law or whatever reversion of it they claim should be on eat first boat home.

I take it you read, write, and speak Thai. You've changed your religion to Buddhism.

You no longer eat Western food. You keep your mouth shut about corruption and don't get upset at Thailand's laws?

2 hours ago, NOWHERE said:

Yes, and that is the problem. 1.2 billion adherents believe their religion is superior to anything else.

History tells us the Nazis believed they were the Master Race. The Japanese launched the attack on Pearl Harbour because they believed the Japanese were superior to every other race. To be British is to win the lottery of life.

Santayana said those who fail to learn from the lessons of history are condemned to repeat it.

5 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Good  to see them keeping the tradition alive with Mohameds 9 year old Wife.

Have you not read any comments this thread? It's happening worldwide amongst all the world's religions.

It's not a Muslim issue. Christians are far more to blame for child brides.

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

So what? have you read the preceding posts?

Yes, all of them. Blaming Islam for a barbaric practice conducted throughout the world by many religions. Christians are allowing underage marriage just as much as Islam.

4 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Have you not read any comments this thread? It's happening worldwide amongst all the world's religions.

It's not a Muslim issue. Christians are far more to blame for child brides.

I try not to involve the "rest of the world"as its a "Thai" forum and they clearly state in the article, it doesn't mention underage Christian, Hindu, Sikh , Jehovas or Devil worshippers.

Underage Muslim girls are regularly forced into marriage with Malaysian men, and the government turns a blind eye

6 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Yes, all of them. Blaming Islam for a barbaric practice conducted throughout the world by many religions. Christians are allowing underage marriage just as much as Islam.

Have I Blamed anyone? really?? seems  you  just  looking to pick a fight.

Archived