Suggestions on an area with low pollution where my client could rent a large new condo for around 50-75K / month?

RichardThailand

I've a client who needs a place to live.  He's considering a large condo or a house (which I previously asked about in another thread).

My question here relates to a condo.  He would like to find a newly built condo to rent somewhere within a 1 hour drive of central Bangkok but in a safe area with as low pollution as possible. Can anyone give suggestions on what areas might be good to look into and also how does one go about finding an agent that deals with higher end property condo rentals?

Clients budget is around 50,000 to 75,000 a month but they could go higher.  Thanks very much. 

Low pollution in central Bangkok? Good luck

1 hour drive is a bad way to describe an area. Which transport? What time of the day? Better just name the areas or specify a point and a radius in kilometers

If you start at 6pm at Asok with a car, with a one hour drive you cover a radius of maybe 5km

48 minutes ago, Thian said:

Because the first thread was asking specifically about houses and this thread is asking specifically about condos with a different price range. 

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Low pollution in central Bangkok? Good luck

1 hour drive is a bad way to describe an area. Which transport? What time of the day? Better just name the areas or specify a point and a radius in kilometers

If you start at 6pm at Asok with a car, with a one hour drive you cover a radius of maybe 5km

Not knowing much about the different areas I value the comments and advice that people could give.  When I refer to 1 hour away then I wasn't really meaning starting out in a traffic jam but one hour away for example on a Sunday afternoon or not in the rush hour.  I noticed most condos are centrally located but hoping to hear of some that are luxury condos but outside of the central polluted areas.  

20 minutes ago, RichardThailand said:

Not knowing much about the different areas I value the comments and advice that people could give.  When I refer to 1 hour away then I wasn't really meaning starting out in a traffic jam but one hour away for example on a Sunday afternoon or not in the rush hour.  I noticed most condos are centrally located but hoping to hear of some that are luxury condos but outside of the central polluted areas.  

Outside the city smog they don't need to build upwards.....yet

So, your more likely to find good value in a house than a condo that far out

For 75-100k there are mansions available an hours drive from bkk provided you drive between midnight and 5am....

Otherwise you will be stuck like the other guy said doing 5km a hour from asoke at 6pm

44 minutes ago, RichardThailand said:

Because the first thread was asking specifically about houses and this thread is asking specifically about condos with a different price range. 

I see, didn't notice that.

He needs a condo on the top floor as close to the river as possible...

But if you ask the real estate brokers i'm sure they can help.

1 hour ago, RichardThailand said:

I am not sure that what you seek exists at all, low end but nice condos yes, high end no

if you want fresh air - go for your house thread

and - if you could consider places outside bkk but near by - you are better off

Re the comment in the OP about "low pollution," that's a dicey proposition anywhere in Thailand, depending on what kind of pollution you mean.

If you mean air pollution, it's a seasonal thing around the BKK region, with the worst/bad months being Nov. to March or so. The rest of the year the air pollution levels in the BKK region aren't so bad. But either way, I'm not sure there's likely to be much difference between BKK and 1 hour outside BKK, as it's a regional thing.

If you mean other kinds of pollution like garbage and dubious quality water, again, those things are pretty much endemic. Central BKK may have somewhat better water quality than outlying areas, but a lot depends on the particular location and where its water is being sourced from.

For me, one of the problems with housing in Thailand is there's very little to no meaningful zoning regulation, so there's no guarantee that a particular residential development doesn't have a recycling plant or metals processing facility or chicken farm nearby. And even if there's none of that when you move in, there's no guarantee that something like that can't or won't move in sometime thereafter.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:43 PM, melvinmelvin said:

I am not sure that what you seek exists at all, low end but nice condos yes, high end no

if you want fresh air - go for your house thread

and - if you could consider places outside bkk but near by - you are better off

I live in East Pattaya, 90 minutes drive from Bangkok. No pollution and a very nice, 3 bedroom house for less than 20k baht/month.

6 hours ago, RichardThailand said:

Is there still not a lot of pollution in the areas close to the river?

I don't have issues with it, we have clean here around the house, no noise, no uninvited folks, loads of gardeners and parks, loads of people walk daily....and we don't have to mop the floor at all for the black dust you get along a road.

Simple , rent a condo on the top floor , one of those high rise luxury condomniums. There will still be pollution in the air but not at the same levels as on the ground. Doesnt really matter which part of Bangkok, but near the river or closer to the sea I would think would be better.

What you need to do is look at projects of the top developers in Bkk. Here's a top-10 list of the best builders in the city:

https://www.asiapropertyhq.com/property-developers-thailand/

Search their recent high-end high-rise projects on-line - they'll all be in quiet, clean, upscale areas. Make a short list, call for what's on rent, make another short list, rent a car and check them out one by one and, if you have to start yet another thread,  then I don't know what to say. Btw, these developers obviously build houses too, so you have both options.

Meanwhile, your client can crash in my spare bedroom as long as he doesn't snore or fart too loudly. It's at the back of the apartment away from the street and he'll have exclusive use of one of two bathrooms. He's not allowed to cook but for 70k/month I'll throw in breakfast. My companionship (no sex, only beer/conversation) will be free. I am always especially kind to goofballs with more money than sense. PM me if interested.

RichardThailand why don't you travel around different areas of Bangkok and see what areas you can find where the pollution might be at a acceptable level for your client. It's a big place.

Your client is paying you to find him a place to live I'd imagine because he believes you have good knowledge of the city and can find him the home of his dreams.

Does he know you are asking a group of strangers on a website to find him this dream place ?

My advice for what its worth is earn whatever money he is paying you and get out there and find him what he is looking for.

My advice for the guy is to find another scout...and pay for it....Travelling costs a lot of money and the right tip can make his life so much better or worse...

Having 100k baht to spend on rent and opting for BKK.....something is strange there....there are far far better options with that kind of cash.

9 hours ago, Thian said:

My advice for the guy is to find another scout...and pay for it....Travelling costs a lot of money and the right tip can make his life so much better or worse...

Having 100k baht to spend on rent and opting for BKK.....something is strange there....there are far far better options with that kind of cash.

Maybe he has a job in Bangkok and his company has given him 100k rent allowance. 

You reckon he should jet in from New York each day ?

8 hours ago, berybert said:

Maybe he has a job in Bangkok and his company has given him 100k rent allowance. 

You reckon he should jet in from New York each day ?

I see, i thought the last question was also about other countries...not sure though.

I also planned to retire in Thailand one day but i found much better spots in Europe lately...those are cheaper, cleaner, less crowded, more beautifull, have european food/drinks cheap, high standards and all one can wish for. And nope it's not Monaco.

100k baht a month isn't that much though, even for BKK...Thailand has plenty superrich people and i wonder if they can accept the Thai construction-standards...i mean, who wants dangerous electricity in his home when he has toddlers crawling around? Thai electric systems can even kill an elephant if it touches the wires...

Myself i also rented a nice condo some years ago, all pilots as neighbours...but when i bought an electric oven it got the wall-outlet on fire, flames dancing on top of it....

I mean, even if something looks western standard it still isn't...

Same goes for that amplifier this thread is about, don't know how many watts it is but if more than 2000 than better be carefull about connecting it at home.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:19 PM, Thian said:

What options would you suggest?

On 9/16/2018 at 5:25 PM, Thian said:

I see, i thought the last question was also about other countries...not sure though.

I also planned to retire in Thailand one day but i found much better spots in Europe lately...those are cheaper, cleaner, less crowded, more beautifull, have european food/drinks cheap, high standards and all one can wish for. And nope it's not Monaco.

100k baht a month isn't that much though, even for BKK...Thailand has plenty superrich people and i wonder if they can accept the Thai construction-standards...i mean, who wants dangerous electricity in his home when he has toddlers crawling around? Thai electric systems can even kill an elephant if it touches the wires...

Myself i also rented a nice condo some years ago, all pilots as neighbours...but when i bought an electric oven it got the wall-outlet on fire, flames dancing on top of it....

I mean, even if something looks western standard it still isn't...

Same goes for that amplifier this thread is about, don't know how many watts it is but if more than 2000 than better be carefull about connecting it at home.

Just out of interest and for the benefit of others here, what other places do you now feel like retiring to in Europe?

23 minutes ago, RichardThailand said:

Just out of interest and for the benefit of others here, what other places do you now feel like retiring to in Europe?

Europe has it all but not all countries speak english well. And not all are affordable ...For ones who like european standards it sure is cheaper there than in thailand.

Now Turkey is in the sale, i read that loads of beach appartments are half price or less at this moment, if you have foreign cash though.

11 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Your "client" would be better off letting you go and joining Thai Visa Forum.

There are some great people and posts here but I think many people might be put off by the tone of the replies from some of the posters. I have friends that no longer use this forum for that same reason. 

12 minutes ago, RichardThailand said:

There are some great people and posts here but I think many people might be put off by the tone of the replies from some of the posters. I have friends that no longer use this forum for that same reason. 

Tell your friends to come back. Everyone's anonymous on TV. So there's zip to take personally. And if someone doesn't like how a thread is going simply check out/unfollow. And the moderators, in fact, do a decent job of keeping the trolling/hijacking down.

Call your friends and ask them to sign up again. They're missing out on a ton of info and more than a bit of fun. Say Bang Bang said so.

50 minutes ago, RichardThailand said:

spot on man, way too many here that skipped school the days that politeness and respect was on the agenda

Archived