Gen Prayut says he will decide on his political future when the time comes

webfact

Gen Prayut says he will decide on his political future when the time comes

Prayuth-File-Photo5.png

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-on-cha today again refused to spell out his political future but said he will make a decision at an appropriate time.

Speaking to reporters after the weekly Cabinet meeting, Gen Prayut said his decision will be based on his commitment to protect the interest of the country and the people.

Gen Prayut noted that after a royal endorsement of the two electoral bills, which is widely anticipated to be sometimes next week, the restrictions on the political activities will be eased to pave the way for the long-awaited election.   “The election should bring about a government with good governance,” he said.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prayut-says-he-will-decide-on-his-political-future-when-the-time-comes/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-09-04
  • Thanks 1

I think I'd better see if there's a shrink at my village hospital, tomorrow . . . someone who can stop me dreaming of this low-life, walking tearfully along Nakhon Pathom Road from Government House on Feb 25 and pushing a hand-cart full of his silly silk blouses, with the missus cruising quietly along, behind, in the Merc.

9 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I thought he promised to announce his political future in September. Now change to “an appropriate time”. He will probably announce the election will be held at an appropriate time. 

Yes I seem to recall September too.. guess he is not sure enough of himself or the proxies he put in place. Just read it as good news for the PTP.

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

That’s how I read the situation too. He must have intel reports of the voting sentiments on the grounds and felt that party nomination for PM may not be possible as non of the pro junta party will win minimum 25 seats. He will probably go for option 3 via joint houses mandate and hope none of the political party will win more than 50% of the Lower house. If indeed he is successful, it will bring back the dark days of 1992. 

We will have to wait and see.. I am still real curious about the elections. Not that anyone i like will have a chance, but i want to see if all the money thrown around and the defection of PTP MP's has any effect. 

16 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes I seem to recall September too.. guess he is not sure enough of himself or the proxies he put in place. Just read it as good news for the PTP.

But come on. He just poo pooed the big hike in Driving fines! He just got 60% of the country lauding him after his mate had announced the fines.

Stage 1 the people love me. Done!!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 4:40 AM, Eric Loh said:

I thought he promised to announce his political future in September. Now change to “an appropriate time”. He will probably announce the election will be held at an appropriate time. 

Seems he is a little confused. Perhaps he is confused about good governance as well!

11 hours ago, JAG said:

Given that his future is will rest on the results of a general election, would it not be more accurate to say that his future is to be decided by the Thai electorate?

Or am I just being silly?

You're just being silly I'm afraid: "The results" will be announced 60 days after the election - and the Junat are in charge of counting the votes. ?

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:32 PM, webfact said:

Gen Prayut said his decision will be based on his commitment to protect the interest of the country and the people. 

He means protect the elite and his farce of junta. All too easy to see from how he protected himself from any persecution and his fat little toad friend from the watch scandal.. All common people need is to be quiet or they will face attitude adjustment and/or prosecution in military court..

Who is this mo*o* trying to kid?

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Thanks 1

Do they still demand licenses for dartboards? I've got the most peculiar urge to toss a few darts after marvelling the photo in the OP.. On a more serious note, this BS spewing from the mighty junta is getting nothing short of ridiculous. Do This - Say That and then throw a temper tantrum if everyone is not shouting the sir yes sir's in line. Makes me sick.

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2018 at 3:40 PM, Eric Loh said:

I thought he promised to announce his political future in September. 

I'm sure that was a misunderstanding, and the September date was merely a promise to make an announcement concerning when the announcement will be made.