Murdered beauty shot dead in Nakorn Pathom was playing the field in Pattaya

webfact

9 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

In the real world taxi drivers are twice as likely to be murdered at work than police officers, yet you will always hear people talk of being killed in the line of duty as an occupational hazard of police officers and never of taxi drivers, and that is because people do not live in the real world, instead choosing to repeat tired assumptions and seldom bothering to fact check anything before posting it.  But of course prostitutes are much more likely to be murdered than taxi drivers, I just have a distaste for referring to murder as an occupational hazard, like other posters here, and that is not because of living outside of reality, that is because of how the term is defined, which is 'accepted' risk, we should never accept murder as a risk for anyone, its unacceptable and to refer to as being accepted in this profession smarts of victim blaming.

I will make no apology for my terminology it suits the environment of the vice world

Violence in the vice world is ever present, it's a fact no shortage of proof

I don't accept murder in any walk of life, but I do understand the environment that sex workers find themselves in

Murder / violence is an occupational hazard for vice workers, it's got nothing to do with acceptance of anything or "VICTIM BLAMING" it's a FACT and always will be

It's the sex workers themselves that obviously accept the risk and working conditions of the profession they have chosen, otherwise they would not be sex workers

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I will make no apology for my terminology it suits the environment of the vice world

Violence in the vice world is ever present, it's a fact no shortage of proof

I don't accept murder in any walk of life, but I do understand the environment that sex workers find themselves in

Murder / violence is an occupational hazard for vice workers, it's got nothing to do with acceptance of anything or "VICTIM BLAMING" it's a FACT and always will be

It's the sex workers themselves that obviously accept the risk and working conditions of the profession they have chosen, otherwise they would not be sex workers

So is murder an occupational hazard of taxi drivers in your opinion or not?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Do you also consider being murdered as an occupational hazard of being a taxi driver?

Well to be quite honest lots of types of gainful employment that involves contact with the general public can be described as rather "iffy"

It goes without saying some more than others

I would suspect most if not all taxi drivers would have considered the possibility, especially during the hours of darkness

I assume that they would take whatever precautions they thought appropriate for their own protection / safety

Obviously being on their own could make them a prime target

We need to be aware and keep our guard up at all times for obvious reasons

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So basically, it's no more dangerous to be a prostitute than a taxi driver?

Pardon, I think the figures would not quite agree with you

Read POST 545 concentrate on line 4 and "THOU" shall be enlightened

Edited by oldlakey
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Well to be quite honest lots of types of gainful employment that involves contact with the general public can be described as rather "iffy"

It goes without saying some more than others

I would suspect most if not all taxi drivers would have considered the possibility, especially during the hours of darkness

I assume that they would take whatever precautions they thought appropriate for their own protection / safety

Obviously being on their own could make them a prime target

We need to be aware and keep our guard up at all times for obvious reasons

Taxi driver is the job with the highest likelihood of being murdered, real job I mean, as in legal, and that is what my point is based around.  In places where prostitution is legal and provided for, the murder rate is not high, the issue is with its criminality and where that leads people to conducting their business.  So it could be argued that it is not an occupational hazard of prostitution but an occupational hazard of illegal prostitution.  So is it not true that referring to it as an occupational hazard of prostitution is victim shaming prostitutes for happening to have been criminalized by their government?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

No should I have, I'm not disputing them, thats because I did not come down with the last fall of the white stuff

Well you said the figures would prove me wrong, I assumed you had those figures otherwise your comment is meaningless.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Taxi driver is the job with the highest likelihood of being murdered, real job I mean, as in legal, and that is what my point is based around.  In places where prostitution is legal and provided for, the murder rate is not high, the issue is with its criminality and where that leads people to conducting their business.  So it could be argued that it is not an occupational hazard of prostitution but an occupational hazard of illegal prostitution.  So is it not true that referring to it as an occupational hazard of prostitution is victim shaming prostitutes for happening to have been criminalized by their government?

If you don't want to be criminalized, then I feel I should point out to you that's its best to obey the law, and that is all laws OH how much safer the world would be 

Edited by oldlakey

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Well you said the figures would prove me wrong, I assumed you had those figures otherwise your comment is meaningless.

I invite you to assume whatever you like "no skin off my nose"

Edited by oldlakey

12 hours ago, oldlakey said:

It's always been an occupational hazard that needs to be taken into account if you decide to go down that road

Without doing any research ever heard of "Jack the Ripper" or more recently "The Yorkshire Ripper"

Many more examples of less newsworthy individual examples over the years that's the way it is 

Rose and Fred West....