Khon Kaen woman blinded after putting "betel-juice" in her eye

webfact

Khon Kaen woman blinded after putting "betel-juice" in her eye

9pm.jpg

Picture: Manager online

A woman in Khon kaen has gone to the media for help after a shop in the north eastern Thai town recommended she put "stinky betel nut juice" in her eye to cure cataracts.

Khamngaeng Suwanna soon had an infection that was so bad that her right eyeball was removed to stop the infection spreading to her brain.

Now she is blinded in her right eye.

She said that a salesman recommended the herbal remedy "Nam Plu Khao" for leg pain and said it would be a cure for cataracts too.

She has been to the local Damrongtham government help center for help but the case has gone cold.

Now she wants media help to get justice.

The shop was named as "King's Herb" in Sila district.

Thaivisa notes that betel nut is often ingested as a mild stimulant.

Source: Manager online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-06

3 minutes ago, missoura said:

Off of the top of my head.

1. One of our former workers paid a monk to use his special wooden sticks to tap her throat. Several purple notes later, she still has throat cancer.
  2. A Bangkok dentist suggested that my daughter's teeth be pulled. At the time she was 3-years old and some of her teeth had come in crooked. I passed on his medical advice.
  3. The village doctor also cuts hair.

The photo is a lady getting her betel chaw just right.

rolling betel.JPG

We can sum all of the above as Thailand 4.0

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, missoura said:

Off of the top of my head.

1. One of our former workers paid a monk to use his special wooden sticks to tap her throat. Several purple notes later, she still has throat cancer.
  2. A Bangkok dentist suggested that my daughter's teeth be pulled. At the time she was 3-years old and some of her teeth had come in crooked. I passed on his medical advice.
  3. The village doctor also cuts hair.

I just want to add one of my friends to your list, she was diagnosed with leukemia so she went to see her favorite monk, he said that she would be OK because he would pray for her. Sadly, when she finally returned to the hospital it was too late!

She had degrees both as nurse and teacher!?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

I just want to add one of my friends to your list, she was diagnosed with leukemia so she went to see her favorite monk, he said that she would be OK because he would pray for her. Sadly, when she finally returned to the hospital it was too late!

Degrees of stupidity is what she showed.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

From a Thai education establishment I take it