Old Frames/mirrors/glass/wood Scraps/fabrics Etc. For Art

girlx

Have you tried the recycling guys? There is one large place on the Chaloklum road before the Amphur that buys scrap metal. They might be willing to part with some, for a price obviously, since they do buy it.

i thought of that but didn't know where they stayed- i will check that one out, and i think there is another one off that side road between thong nai pan and ban kai that i will check out too! thanks

One the road from Mae Haad to Chaloklum (at the bottom of the big hill near Wattana/Chaloklum Bay Resort), there is a small "dump" on the left hand side where they burn bits of wood and leave metal scraps...could be worth a look. Not sure what kind of wood scraps you're looking for but I have a few you could have. I've recently opened a small restaurant in Chaloklum (The World's End - directly opposite the pier) and along with some old punk photos i'm showing there i'd like to show some other forms of art on the wall. interested?

hmm too bad you are on the other side of the island (i live in TNPY), but i will try to get over and look at your place as it sounds like my style! unfortunately i am not an artist, just helping my friend find found objects with which to decorate his new bar. but if you have any interesting art i would love to have a look on his behalf as well!

yes, the trip from TNP to Chaloklum is maddening by road but not bad by longtail - could be a nice distraction! been meaning to get a longtail over to thaan sadet and possibly TNP myself for a daytrip :o if you do make it over do drop in and say hey and check out my photos! other than that i don't have any other 'art' yet but am also on the lookout! some cool sculptures or oil paintings would be wicked...

hmm too bad you are on the other side of the island (i live in TNPY), but i will try to get over and look at your place as it sounds like my style! unfortunately i am not an artist, just helping my friend find found objects with which to decorate his new bar. but if you have any interesting art i would love to have a look on his behalf as well!