PEA upgrades Jomtien power grid

Rimmer

PEA upgrades Jomtien power grid

image.png

Pattaya:--The Provincial Electricity Authority upgraded the power system on Sukhumvit Soi 54.

A PEA crew replaced 14-meter-tall electrical posts with 14.3-meter poles, and took down all the open electricity lines so they could install shielded, insulated cables between the Au Sunset Hotel and Train Hotel.

Power was out for the day, but was restored in time for nightfall.

The upgrade came after repeated brown- and blackouts in the Jomtien Beach area.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-09-07

12 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The upgrade came after repeated brown- and blackouts in the Jomtien Beach area

Brown outs in Jomtien beach area .! I dunno never heard that before .. Is it a euphemism for Richard III's on the beach or something .? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Brown outs in Jomtien beach area .! I dunno never heard that before .. Is it a euphemism for Richard III's on the beach or something .? 

a voltage drop in the supply line is called a brownout.

Most happens in underdeveloped countries with single phase, no ring circuit supply to the community with too many users hooked up into the supply line.
Difficult to monitor with those dickey step-down-transformer which they are using here, if they have at all a monitoring system.
Here in the sticks I've every evening a brownout, sometimes the voltage drops so low that my backup generator starts.
But who cares, TIT. The benefit I could run my electrical fence without any problem of tripping the community supply ?