Bruised student found dead in her Bangkok room

webfact

Bruised student found dead in her Bangkok room

By The Nation

bkk.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A 19-year-old student was found dead in her bedroom in Bangkok's Thon Buri district on Friday morning.

Talad Plu police were alerted to the death of Thidakarn Ratana-uthai at 10am.

Police said they found Thidarat's naked body on her bed. She had bruises on her face and arms and there was blood seeping from her nose and eyes but there was no trace of fighting in the room. Her wallet had disappeared.

Thidarat, a first-year diplomacy student at Panitchayakan Rajdamnern Technological College, was staying in a three-storey shophouse on Soi Therdthai 22, with her boyfriend and her three brothers.

Her boyfriend, Phanpiti Charoenlarp, 19, told police that he was away during the night to do a school report and came back at 6am but could not enter the room as it was locked from the inside.

When her brothers helped open the room, they found the body on the bed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30353958

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-07

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Her boyfriend, Phanpiti Charoenlarp, 19, told police that he was away during the night to do a school report and came back at 6am but could not enter the room as it was locked from the inside.

Hmm, did he beat her up, stole her wallet and went for a drinking session with friends?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

is not difficult to make this assumption... how many thai students do you know that go out all night on a weekend to do a report for school? 

Several, the female student next door to me has been gone 3 nights, coming back later today.

All night report writing sessions (one does the work, everyone else copies) are fairly standard.

I've had several 'all night study sessions' happen at my house, female students taking over my living room. 

hi Sherlock stole her own wallet then commited suicide, put my life savings on it being him, when it finally comes out, * (thats if the keystone cops can get off their asses and investigate this crime) *yes she make me angry, so i killed her, stole her wallet then went out on the piss with my mates, *  (sherlock 2) the locked door bit is just a red herring,

• Like 2

"She had bruises on her face and arms and there was blood seeping from her nose and eyes but there was no trace of fighting in the room. "

That just about sums up the RTP approach to crime investigation!

What hope for this paradise lost?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

is not difficult to make this assumption... how many thai students do you know that go out all night on a weekend to do a report for school? 

Any you miss the point about unsubstantiated assumptions.

I also ask the question; 'How many Thai students do you specifically know that go out all night on a weekend to do a report for school?

Further, do all Thai students behave exactly the same?

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Strange case, beaten to death in her locked room while her 3 brothers were home, and her boyfriend was out.

I think if you read the post again the you'll find the boyfriend & brothers were all out, 

the boyfriend returned first & couldn't gain entry, when the brothers arrived they managed to get into the locked room!

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Strange case, beaten to death in her locked room while her 3 brothers were home, and her boyfriend was out.

You right I think the same 

3 men in a 3 story building 

With a door closed 

Beating to dead by someone and nobody heard or seen anything 

I will not say anything about that is bf or her brothers but....... 

RIP young lady 

RIP Little one, way too young to be beaten and killed - I hope the perpetrator is caught and put to death, he/she will get his just deserts in hell.

FYI bleeding from nose, eyes, and ears is also indicative of blunt fore trauma, even is no wound is visible.......saw that on CSI New York once, makes sense to me.............:wai:

The boyfriend was out all night, doing a school report? I recall a study cafe in a large Mall in Chiang Mai that is open 24/7, so you do appear to get a few students doing an all-nighter in Thailand ... but that's quite the exception, not the norm. He would be my first focus of investigation. 

Added note: reports say it was the stepfather who planned to rape her but ended up killing her ... scumbag.

Edited by AlexRich

17 minutes ago, snowgard said:

How difficult is it to lock a door from inside in Thailand? Press the knop, go out of the room and close the door. 

Locked from inside!!!

4 doors in my  house auto lock when we leave. Thats why I keep a spare key in the garage after having to break a bedroom window one night when she and me went out and forgot house keys on the kitchen table.

9 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

You right I think the same 

3 men in a 3 story building 

With a door closed 

Beating to dead by someone and nobody heard or seen anything 

I will not say anything about that is bf or her brothers but....... 

RIP young lady 

Step-father was caught and confessed.