Junk Yard

Pond Life

Can any of the locals point me in the direction of a good junk yard in CM ?

Im looking for electric motors, fans, big old computer hard drives, immersion heaters, pumps that sort of stuff, preferably somewhere a bit organised rather than big piles of crap.

Ta

i only see old car junk yard , but what you aid is mostly taken and sold already

there are some junk collector but there seldom sell you cheap ..

i know at least 3-4 location . but i don't think you find anything of value

Can any of the locals point me in the direction of a good junk yard in CM ?

Im looking for electric motors, fans, big old computer hard drives, immersion heaters, pumps that sort of stuff, preferably somewhere a bit organised rather than big piles of crap.

Ta

Try the Saturday morning market. It's a one-street flea market on theh road between the river and the Arcade Bus Station. Lots of old pumps, motors, old tools, etc.

The Fly Fisherman

There are a couple of places I have used in the past. The first is in Nong Hoi. Head south on Chiangmai Lampun Road and it is in a building on the left, (next to a paper recycler,) before the Mahidol Road overpass. This place deals mainly in car bits.

To get to the other; Cross Nawarat Bridge going east towards the train station. Turn left at the third traffic lights on Charoen Muang road. (The fourth set from the bridge.) This road will curve round to the left, back towards Bumrungrat Road. The junk yard is in a big warehouse on the right after the corner. I have found many interesting items here, including a compressor and some good generators.