Shipping

spookysully

No you should not as the Lazada site states import duties are including in the overall shipping price.   However did you check that a 3 D printer is not a banned import ?    On another forum about 2 months ago the poster advised that this type of printer was currently prohibited to be imported into Thailand and the Thai customs subsequently confiscated the goods.

Edited by Esso49

6 minutes ago, spookysully said:

Hmm.. No, I hadn't even considered this as I know of 2 others, 1 Thai and the other Indian that have ordered 3D printers from Aliexpress without incident. Do you know of a website or office I might contact regarding this? Thanks for the reply!

Search this site http://en.customs.go.th/content.php?ini_content=import_export_151006_01&lang=en&left_menu=menu_import

If in doubt ring them,  you eventually should be able to speak to someone in English.

Edited by Esso49

Thanks so much for the help!

I'll check it out straight away. I did purchase a printer (hell of a deal second hand I found here on Thaivisa) from an Indian gentleman who had it shipped from Aliexpress because he wanted a different model, which he had sitting on his desk when I went to pick mine up.so I'll drop him a line as well. Thanks again!

I ordered my 2nd printer one month ago from Aliexpress. DHL shipping agent in Bangkok called me a week later to inform me that I need a 3D Printer Import License before customs would process it. Agent said I would have to appear in person (somewhere near BKK) to apply for the license. I asked the DHL agent to return it to sender which she did, free of charge.

My first printer was ordered from Aliexpress 18 months ago, delivered by TNT to my door. I paid the TNT driver 15% surcharge to cover duty and VAT as he had an official invoice from Thai Customs.

I had a nightmare this year trying to buy a 3D printer off Aliexpress, mainly because I don't live anywhere near Bangkok, and because of slow communication from the logistics company. In the end I lost over $300, and wound up buying a another printer from a supplier in Bangkok.

At least you live in Bangkok, and have a Thai partner, otherwise you would have to hire an agent to do the process, or spend time travelling to Bangkok and do some running around + pay import duty and any storage charges on top.

BTW The cheapest quote I got for an import agent was 7,000 Baht (friend of a friend). Storage + import duty was extra.