dental advice pattaya

Iforbach

hi guys 

would appreciate if you have any information on a good dentist in pattaya area  who can do a good crown,,,{back tooth} just had root canal but tooth a little weak ...

and whats best on tooth whitening ..bleach or laser but not after total white ,,i think it would look out place on an old boy like me 

thanks all 

I just use whitening tooth paste to keep the teeth white.  As long as you use it regularly it seems to work fairly well.  There are relatively cheap over the counter whitening kits that also work well and may be a better solution to whitening paste if you are concerned with long term abrasion. 

I talked to someone who was on a reality TV show not too long ago.  I noticed that their teeth seemed to be nice and white on the show so I asked them if the show paid for that.  They said they just used crest whitening strips.  So maybe try those if they have them here, or something else with the same active ingredients.

https://crest.com/en-us/products/whitestrips

I have been to several dentists in Pattaya but not for anything major.  Still don't have enough confidence in any of them compared to what I can get back home in the western world.  The quality of work in Thailand seems sub standard in comparison based on my limited experience of getting cleaning and the occasional filling.  They always seem to rush it and are not very thorough compared to back home in the western world.  

I went to Dr. Warin recently, who a lot of people on this board seem to like.  He may be more thorough and attentive for the more profitable major work, but he rushed a cleaning I got from him recently and didn't really want to give me much advice on the current health of my teeth.  He seemed to be quite busy so maybe that had something to do with it.

Go to Warin if you have the time for the dental work if you can get an appointment but he doesnt do bleaching or whitening or he didnt in middle of 2017 last time I saw him

Pretty much acknowledged as the best in Pattaya along with Dr Cherry

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Go to Warin if you have the time for the dental work if you can get an appointment but he doesnt do bleaching or whitening or he didnt in middle of 2017 last time I saw him

Pretty much acknowledged as the best in Pattaya along with Dr Cherry

Just make sure to ask that not a new dentist treats you, its a big issue all over Thailand....many dentists employ Dental Students as "training"

And as for whitening, really once you start on this route you will have to redo all the time, I would suggest using whitening strips and a good electric toothbrush.

2 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Just make sure to ask that not a new dentist treats you, its a big issue all over Thailand....many dentists employ Dental Students as "training"

And as for whitening, really once you start on this route you will have to redo all the time, I would suggest using whitening strips and a good electric toothbrush.

Well I've only ever been seen by Warin and I know hes the most popular dentist on this forum by far. He's well aware of his reputation on thaivisa as the best

I have veneers on the top jaw the reason I had asked about whitening was just to get the bottom jaw back to same colour as the top. They are about two shades out which is mimimal anyway but he doesnt do it

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

Well I've only ever been seen by Warin and I know hes the most popular dentist on this forum by far. He's well aware of his reputation on thaivisa as the best

I have veneers on the top jaw the reason I had asked about whitening was just to get the bottom jaw back to same colour as the top. They are about two shades out which is mimimal anyway but he doesnt do it

Did I quote Mr Warin? I replied to a person talking about several Dentists, thank you.  My point was that many Dentists use newby's !

12 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Did I quote Mr Warin? I replied to a person talking about several Dentists, thank you.  My point was that many Dentists use newby's !

Never in my extensive time in Thailand have I ever been knowingly dealt with by some newbie dentist.

No "students"  which you claim are all over thailand have been near my choppers under supervision

Archived