Thai soldier fights for life after being attacked by seniors

Jonathan Fairfield

24 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Perhaps they need a war. But then there would be an enemy fighting back, and I doubt they would relish that. 

Nah, water off a duck's back, they all wear their bullet-proof amulets around their necks, they're invincible. ?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Khacha’s young daughter and 72-year-old mother Rungruedee Sihawong have been camping out in front of the hospital’s critical care unit to pray for his recovery. 

“We are praying for a miracle,” Rungruedee said. 

Asked about financial help from the Royal Thai Army, Rungruedee said she was told he would get about Bt30,000 compensation as basic help.

“But to date, we have not yet received the compensation,” she said. 

Heart goes out to the young man and his Family. I know the $ and baht have different value, but Bt30,000 is still not a lot of money. 

His Mum will have to sue the soldiers responsible, I think?

8 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

tPerhaps they need a war. But then there would be an enemy fighting back, and I doubt they would relish that. 

Thai army fight, come on - it would only eventuate if the odds were 50/1 in favour of  the Thai's and even then they would get their <deleted> drilled, reamed, and counter-sunk. 

Edited by Artisi

9 hours ago, neeray said:

I seem to recall reading on ThaiVisa a month or two a go that the top brass said this treatment would END !

END, that's when we get around to it, no rush - this is Thailand , the land of mai bpen rai.

On 9/10/2018 at 6:31 PM, YetAnother said:

predictable; 

how magnanimous of the army; they are saying his life is worth 30,000, maybe

No... in the eyes of the army his life is worthless!!!

They're being generous in the public arena... however I wonder how far 30,000 baht will go towards all his treatment?

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:50 PM, Lungstib said:

I have a feeling the injuries were awful enough a cover-up wasn't possible in this case. But there is still the possibility this was ordered and carried out with the knowledge of officers who will not come forward.

could be a mail failure, envelope exposed or sent to wrong address.

TLDR:

“The animals decided unanimously to create a military decoration, "Animal Hero, First Class," which was conferred there and then on Snowball and Boxer. It consisted of a brass medal (they were really some old horse-brasses which had been found in the harness-room), to be worn on Sundays and holidays. There was also "Animal Hero, Second Class," which was conferred posthumously on the dead sheep. (4.16)”

- George Orwell, Animal Farm

PS. How unsurprising that gratuitous violence occurs in any coercive armed gang trained for violence would happen in the armed government gang of Thailand.

Think of what a “military” is in its essence: it’s an armed gang of the most brainwashed and stupidest people in society, who were either forced into it as a form of temporary slavery, or enjoy participating in absurd rituals, unproductive busywork, acting without thinking and unnecessary violence.

The former are brainwashed day in and day out to obey the orders of the latter without questions, including mass murder of complete strangers, as long as a boneheaded clown with enough shiny badges on his shirt orders them to do it.

The latter are the “cadre” of any military gang, because they enjoy lording over the conscripts and enlisted imbeciles.

They also stay in the gangs as a “career”, because they know themselves to be too stupid and incapable of offering much value to anyone in the private sector, where one can’t just coerce 100% of his living from the public through theft (aka “taxes”), which is really true of ALL government gang members.

I would do anything to keep my child from joining these herds of idiots.

The best thing any country can do nowadays to “protect” their populations from violence is to defund these medieval gangs of imbeciles called military “services”, or at least privatize them completely. Not as much profit or power in that though for looters known as government of any country.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 2:02 AM, from the home of CC said:

looked around for additional news and I don't see where that's written, do you have a source?

Were you expecting them to go to the local media, or can you not believe  they respected the law and their professional code of conduct which required a report to the commanding officer?

I know it may surprise you, but there are many decent people in Thailand who will do the right thing, especially  those who have prior experience with hazing. After the last murder, people were very upset that an event was covered up.

3 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Were you expecting them to go to the local media, or can you not believe  they respected the law and their professional code of conduct which required a report to the commanding officer?

I know it may surprise you, but there are many decent people in Thailand who will do the right thing, especially  those who have prior experience with hazing. After the last murder, people were very upset that an event was covered up.

You said the medical staff reported it, sounded to me that meant the hospital staff. If you meant the army medics, you should of wrote with more clarity. Either way, who reported it is unknown at this point (as far as I know) so unless you have some sort of proof of this why would you state something you have no knowledge of?

On 9/10/2018 at 6:37 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Great army.

http://nlgmltf.org/military-law/2017/hazing-and-bullying-in-the-military/

This is one of thousands of articles concerning violence in the military (US) and there's a lot more concerning cover ups. Violence in the armed forces around the world have this problem, not only the Americans. So wherever you originate from, they most likely are guilty of this also - glass houses and chucking rocks.

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

I know it may surprise you, but there are many decent people in Thailand who will do the right thing

Doesn't surprise me in the least. After I married my Thai wife 15 yrs ago I decided to make Thailand my home based upon that I enjoy living here and that I like Thais. What surprises me is (judging by the comments on TVF) there are many who obviously find Thai people and Thailand substandard to foreigners -  yet continue to be here. If I felt the same way as the people on this forum express themselves, I would of been gone a long time ago.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. After I married my Thai wife 15 yrs ago I decided to make Thailand my home based upon that I enjoy living here and that I like Thais. What surprises me is (judging by the comments on TVF) there are many who obviously find Thai people and Thailand substandard to foreigners -  yet continue to be here. If I felt the same way as the people on this forum express themselves, I would of been gone a long time ago.

Typical generalising response without addressing the topic!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app