return to LOS

Just got back from one month trip to uk, I am on a marriage extension and got a single entry re-entry stamp at Buriram immigration before I left, on my return I went down to patts as I left my truck there, my wife called immigration in Buriram and asked if I could go to immigration in patts as I was already there, they said no, we spent 4 days in patts then returned home, my wife phoned again and asked if we could go to the police station to report my return she was told no again, Buriram immigration is 220k round trip. my question is if I don't go until I have to do my 90 report what would be the fine.

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, ancharee said:

my question is if I don't go until I have to do my 90 report what would be the fine.

If you’re asking about the TM.30 report the typical fine is 800 - 1,600 baht.

You could post it. There’s is nothing in the rules to say it must be done in person. Send it recorded delivery and enclose a stamped/addressed envelope for the receipt.

If you stayed in a hotel in Pattaya it would have been done by them so no need to phone Buriram from there.

You didn't need to tell Buriram until you actually arrived in Buriram

It has to be done within 24 hours so I'm guessing that the "housemaster" is now out of time and is liable for the full fine which will be 2000 at most.

I visited an immigration office to extend a visa (never having done so previously) at the beginning of this year, in the expectation that I would be paying the fine on behalf of my "housemistress".  I have never been anywhere near a TM30 form during any, of many, stays in private homes.

I did not venture to mention anything about it.......and neither did the immigration officer.

2 minutes ago, ancharee said:

Yes mate.

Are you sure Buriram requires one every time you enter the country?

You could ask them about mailing it in if needed but I doubt the will since as far as I know they will not accept 90 day reports by mail.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure Buriram requires one every time you enter the country?

You could ask them about mailing it in if needed but I doubt the will since as far as I know they will not accept 90 day reports by mail.

Thanks Joe, I will just go with the wife today and see what happens.

Just a update, went to Buriram immigration today with my wife 5 days had passed since I arrived back there were no problems really he asked for 300b as I was late coming to immigration, my wife explained the reason and also that she had phoned twice so the 300b was waived but gave him 100b for tea.

Thanks for the advice.