Driver recovered from wreck as van goes off-road on Patong Hill

webfact

Driver recovered from wreck as van goes off-road on Patong Hill

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1536640520_1-org.jpg

Police believe the driver fell asleep at the wheel. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A passenger van went off-road while descending Patong Hill this morning (Sept 11), with the van coming to a halt just metres before a 15-metre plunge into a rubber plantation.

Kathu Police Deputy Chief Investigator Lt Col Amponwat Seangreung was called to the scene, at the curve just uphill from the Patong City sign on the east side of the hill, at 4:45am.

Rescue workers recovered the driver, who police have yet to name, unconscious from the vehicle and sped him to hospital.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/driver-recovered-from-wreck-as-van-goes-off-road-on-patong-hill-68585.php#vOoodfPQjVjpiIf2.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-09-11

Seriously I came to Phuket decades ago and was talking to a Government Official who was off to South Korea to speak with Construction companies on a fully paid junket to investigate the possibilities of a tunnel to Patong. Years ago and they are still talking and people are still dying...

Edited by FitnessHealthTravel

He's come flying over the crest of the hill (outbound) by the Chinese temple then probably going too fast to make the off camber left that drops down past the Patong City feature (just further down on the left in pic)

Also many times the crest of the hill has diesel spills on it from vehicles which have overfilled on way out of patong, they tend to spill here as they come over and start to turn down towards Kathu- I learnt this last year when I nearly came off my Forza in the same spot, luckily I was not going too fast and was able to keep it on two wheels (lost the front end at first) three riders behind me all came off, was early morning and lucky not too busy for them.

• Like 1