Alternatives to Terrarium

Orac

Oh didn't notice it was closing down.  That said I haven't used it in ages.  Went from being the best streaming app to the worst in the space of a few months, what with overly long and intrusive ads that can't be dismissed and it's constant pestering to download the player that serves you up even more ads (in contrast to saying you'll get fewer - fell for that one!).  

Oh didn't notice it was closing down.  That said I haven't used it in ages.  Went from being the best streaming app to the worst in the space of a few months, what with overly long and intrusive ads that can't be dismissed and it's constant pestering to download the player that serves you up even more ads (in contrast to saying you'll get fewer - fell for that one!).  

Yeah - message came up this morning.

Found it useful for one or two shows that don’t come up on the kodi addons I have and can’t be bothered firing up the pc to download.

What did you switch to previously?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's interesting then.  That's exactly the reason I used to use it.  I sometimes switched to Terarrium if I was watching something that kept buffering on Kodi only to find it even worse on Terrarium.  Not used it in months.  Never really found another app TBH, found them all pretty much crap, at best.  I only really use Kodi to catch up on a few movies that I figured weren't good enough to warrant a visit to the cinema (lots of those, not many that I even bother with on Kodi TBH - inc ANYTHING starring Gerrard Butler LOL).  The streams via Kodi are rarely good quality these days such that anything I'm really interested in I'll download, or switch on the VPN and try to catch it on Amazon, BBC iPlayer or Netflix.

Given that the Netflix catalogue has expanded so much I've pretty much gone over to that exclusively.  Keep adding shows to my watchlist and there's enough to keep me going for a few years already, and they keep adding more.  For 350 baht pm it's worth it for me to have proper HD  and multi language support.

At least it's another app I can delete, along with Show Box, Movie Box etc.

47 minutes ago, Caiman said:

Agree with Sookee, Netflix Thailand catalogue is getting bigger although still 35% fewer TV shows than the UK according to this source: https://www.finder.com/uk/netflix-uk-vs-world-content

Use a UK/US VPN if something isn't available in Thailand!

Yeah for sure, much smaller catalogue.  For me though, it'd only be a problem if there wasn't enough stuff to watch.  My playlist is loaded up with stuff that I really DO want to watch though and it won't run out for ages.  Definitely a great option for me at least.

I use CetusPlay to load programs onto my firestick. 1 click and it installs the selected program.

After doing an internet search for alternatives to Terrarium I see CetusPlay has a few listed like Popcorn Time, Kokotime and Showbox.

Has anyone had any experience good or bad with those programs?

The closest app to Terrarium i could find is "Teatv" [apk] .Most of the other names mentioned are hosting old or third rate movies. After setting up Teatv which is not as good as Terrarium i noticed some vids on Youtube showing how to download a "patched "app for Terrarium.Took me all of 5 minutes.Now i have Terrarium back ,working better than before and with NO ads.No way of knowing how long this will work but that is my solution.

2 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

I use the new patched terrarium it works perfect and will continue to work after the old terrarium goes down emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not even the people who patched the old terrarium acknowledge that it will continue to work after 29 September, so how can be you be so sure.

The patched version also actually doesn't work perfect, because 'new hd releases" shows no data.

I went to the shop where I bought my MXQ android box and they installed 3 new (sites?)

Cartoon HD.....Live NetTV and Swift Streamz.

They installed from their memory stick,...so I have no idea of where or how to find the programs.

None are as good as terrarium,,,..  but each has some good free content.

I still have Modro and Show Box....Modro is good for Hustler and Penthouse...Show Box is good for seeing what is new.

Not even the people who patched the old terrarium acknowledge that it will continue to work after 29 September, so how can be you be so sure.

The patched version also actually doesn't work perfect, because 'new hd releases" shows no data.

Your obviously talking to the wrong people then [emoji6]
The original coder has already shut his one down he didn't wait till September. The new patched version pulls from readily available sources so it will continue to do that after September.
The HD section is a minor issue which will be sorted soon enough.

3 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Your obviously talking to the wrong people then emoji6.png
The original coder has already shut his one down he didn't wait till September. The new patched version pulls from readily available sources so it will continue to do that after September.
The HD section is a minor issue which will be sorted soon enough.

Well yeah if you say so.

The app stopped working because the developer deleted his API key from TMDB, and the patch is nothing more than a new API key added by other people.

The original developer. Mr Peter Chan, has refused to release the code so the app can not be forked or updated and it will die after a while.

That is also why the new releases doesn't work, because for that it needs updates, and nobody can do that without the code.

I happen to be a bit more involved in this than you might think, so no I'm not talking to the wrong people in this regard.

Well yeah if you say so.

The app stopped working because the developer deleted his API key from TMDB, and the patch is nothing more than a new API key added by other people.

The original developer. Mr Peter Chan, has refused to release the code so the app can not be forked or updated and it will die after a while.

That is also why the new releases doesn't work, because for that it needs updates, and nobody can do that without the code.

I happen to be a bit more involved in this than you might think, so no I'm not talking to the wrong people in this regard.

So am I [emoji6]

Well good for you, but if you were so well informed then you would know that on the day NitroXenon shuts down his scraper servers, the app will not open any more.

Well done , you have proved that you know how to read from google. [emoji23]
#dontbelieveeverythingyouread
While it may go down for a day or two while alternatives kick in it will not explode and self destruct as you seem to believe.
So instead of attempting a pissing contest with your lack of knowledge and parrot like repetition of internet sky is falling garbage let's just wait till September end shall we [emoji4]

Archived