September 11, 20188 yr I think I have most ready, drivers license Thai, Passport for my own car, English number plates. Do I need to get an international driving permit?. The customs officers at Chiang Khong were confused - at first they said yes until the sighted my Thai license , saying most Thais drive on that only in Laos and then referred me to the internet .....
September 18, 20188 yr A possible reason why you have no replies is perhaps readers don't fully understand your post. Probably like many, I didn't know where Luang Naptha is so I Googled it. Nothing for a such named placed but G suggested did I mean Luang Namtha, northern Laos. I have no idea what the reference to English number plates is about. Is your car British registered and a temporary import to Thailand?
September 24, 20188 yr On 9/18/2018 at 4:24 PM, Lancashirelad said: A possible reason why you have no replies is perhaps readers don't fully understand your post. Probably like many, I didn't know where Luang Naptha is so I Googled it. Nothing for a such named placed but G suggested did I mean Luang Namtha, northern Laos. I have no idea what the reference to English number plates is about. Is your car British registered and a temporary import to Thailand? He means romanized number plates, with roman characters, you know, the one we're currently writing with, instead of Thai characters. You can get such plates from the DLT for a fee, or you can just get a simple sticker from a sticker shop and stick it on your bumper.
September 25, 20188 yr On 9/24/2018 at 4:43 PM, Wallabi said: He means romanized number plates, with roman characters, you know, the one we're currently writing with, instead of Thai characters. You can get such plates from the DLT for a fee, or you can just get a simple sticker from a sticker shop and stick it on your bumper. Thanks for the explanation Wallabi. That makes sense. It seems the OP must have already gone on the road.
September 29, 20188 yr Author On 9/18/2018 at 4:24 PM, Lancashirelad said: A possible reason why you have no replies is perhaps readers don't fully understand your post. Probably like many, I didn't know where Luang Naptha is so I Googled it. Nothing for a such named placed but G suggested did I mean Luang Namtha, northern Laos. I have no idea what the reference to English number plates is about. Is your car British registered and a temporary import to Thailand? YEs, Luang Namtha - my bad :). Thai registered car and was told I need plates in english (AX instead of whatever was written in Thai)
September 29, 20188 yr Author On 9/26/2018 at 12:17 AM, Lancashirelad said: Thanks for the explanation Wallabi. That makes sense. It seems the OP must have already gone on the road. Sorry , not gone yet ???? . Got the plates yesterday, suppose I have to change them over when I cross the bridge at Chiang Khong (around 200 baht) Edited September 29, 20188 yr by krobert6 detail
September 29, 20188 yr 3 hours ago, krobert6 said: Sorry , not gone yet ???? . Got the plates yesterday, suppose I have to change them over when I cross the bridge at Chiang Khong (around 200 baht) Perhaps you will come back and let us know how your trip goes + maybe the odd pic.
September 29, 20188 yr Author 9 minutes ago, Lancashirelad said: Perhaps you will come back and let us know how your trip goes + maybe the odd pic. Will try - I am good at ODD pics ????
Create an account or sign in to comment