Starbucks

Badrabbit

Starbucks vs Nespresso at home.  I have 11 kinds of Nespresso coffee at home.  I like the variety.  Starbucks is bitter and boring. 

I drink either Espresso size or Longo size.  See below.  Starbucks is for folks who don't like coffee. 

For a reasonable Espresso pull you have to look at the bars of pressure of the machine first.  Then go from there.

First one should actually have a good cup of espresso and compare. 

Try one for free and then compare.  https://www.nespresso.com/th/en/nespresso-thailand-events

https://www.nespresso.com/sg/en/compare-coffee-range#!/by-range
nes.jpg.280e5b438e59ea1ff54c4cf23d7e5e90.jpg
longo.jpg.d43be3292edccdf001f386604b947248.jpg
Yes you are right as I do not like the taste of strong coffee, tried espresso once and spat it out!! now Starbucks have increased the price I will look into replicating it at home.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Yes you are right as I do not like the taste of strong coffee, tried espresso once and spat it out!! now Starbucks have increased the price I will look into replicating it at home.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There are many good espressos.  Starbucks is not so much strong as it is bitter.  I assume you have let Starbucks throw you off espresso.  Try a Nespresso shop .  If the espresso is too strong add hot water - Americano.  If I have to drink a coffee at Starbucks I order an Americano and put a dab of my wife's "fru fring mu ming" concoction in it. 

Edited by marcusarelus

You think that's bad. Some of the Thai Starbuck heads in certain places have active scams going on. They are ordering the Starbucks beans like normal but serving you low grade coffee beans from elsewhere. Then they sell the fresh real Starbucks beans and make a profit.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, schlog said:

Real espresso you will find in italy. Not at Starbucks or with a Nespresso.

BTW paid last week each time about 1 Euro for my espresso in Milano.

Have you ever tried a Nespresso?  Which one?  Thought not.  Never ceases to amaze me when talking about food or drink how many people on ThaiVisa feel equipped to render an opinion about a product they have never tasted.  The store below is in Milan Italy. 

Nesp.png

nesmil.jpg

29 minutes ago, schlog said:

You a funny guy. Yup tried Nespresso not only once. Real espresso you get in italy. Like it or not.

Which one?  They have 20 or 30?  I've tried espresso in Italy.  Nespresso is better if you factor in the labor, variety and maintenance.  Below are my home machine that I don't use anymore and one from my bar in SF.

Look at Lavazza vs Nespresso sales in Europe.  Might as well get used to it.  Nespresso will have the Italian market in a couple of years. 

esp1.jpg

esp2.jpg

49 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

Is Nespresso a real espresso? That is a good debate.

https://www.javapresse.com/blogs/espresso/is-nespresso-real-espresso

They grind coffee beans package it and pull the shot at 19 bars of pressure.  Sure it is espresso.  Better than most with more variety.   My latest order just came in.  It takes a day or two from order.

nes (1).jpg

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

They grind coffee beans package it and pull the shot at 19 bars of pressure.  Sure it is espresso.  Better than most with more variety.   My latest order just came in.  It takes a day or two from order.

nes (1).jpg

Damn marcusarelus!!!!!! I hate to break it to you, but that's counterfeit Nespresso you're drinking! Those varieties of Nespresso DO NOT exist...

8 minutes ago, Flying Clog said:

Damn marcusarelus!!!!!! I hate to break it to you, but that's counterfeit Nespresso you're drinking! Those varieties of Nespresso DO NOT exist...

No sorry.  You are a bit out of date.  One of the things I like about Nespresso is the variety of new and seasonal coffee they offer. The ones I ordered are new.

https://www.nespresso.com/th/en/master-origin-coffee-pods

NespressoMasterOriginReviews.jpg

Edited by marcusarelus

15 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Nescafe - yeesh

NESCAFE, is what made Starbucks possible. Instant coffee created and fueled  Starbucks rise to world dominance.

You do know Nespresso is not Nescafe?  I had a problem with coffee in Thailand at home till I bought Nespresso.  The big machines for example in Took Lae Dee make a decent cup of coffee.  Much better than Starbucks for 1/3 the price.

took.jpg

I do but I have never liked those capsules either.  NOW

........... you are probably drinking Starbucks coffee in Nestle manufactured neespreso pods

You know about that right?? Bet you don't,  look up the 7 Billion Nestle gave to Starbucks and that will start you down the trail to consumer enlightenment. 

5 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I do but I have never liked those capsules either.  NOW

........... you are probably drinking Starbucks coffee in Nestle manufactured neespreso pods

You know about that right?? Bet you don't,  look up the 7 Billion Nestle gave to Starbucks and that will start you down the trail to consumer enlightenment. 

Swiss-based food giant Nestle will pay Starbucks $7.15 billion in cash for the rights to sell the U.S. coffee chain's products (bagged coffee) around the world in a global alliance aimed at reinvigorating their coffee empires.

I have been buying Starbucks bagged coffee for 40 years.  I liked the burned flavor in some of their bagged choices.  I used to live in Seattle where burned bean espresso is the norm. 

You really need to try a Nespresso next to a Starbucks or any other espresso you like.  Although I doubt you drink espresso so this discussion is a moot point.  What kind of espresso do you like (or imagine you like) and I'll tell you which of the 30 different types of Nespresso to try and compare. 

• Like 1