155 motorcyclists in Pathum Thani arrested for modifying bikes for racing

webfact

155 motorcyclists in Pathum Thani arrested for modifying bikes for racing

By The Nation

5f54e020203e89eb1a0548192ca70ce1-sld.jpe

Photo from: Surachet Hakpal’s Facebook fanpage

Police arrested 155 motorcyclists for illegally modifying their bikes for road racing in a joint forces operation in Pathum Thani on Thursday night.

Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal, deputy tourist police chief, told a press conference at 1am on Friday at the Klong Lung district office that 161 illegally modified motorcycles had been seized.

He said 58 of the people arrested were younger than 18 years old.

He said police also checked 68 motorcycle spare parts and repair shops in the province and found that 19 shops broke the law by offering to fit motorcycles with exhaust pipes that make a noise louder than the 95dB ceiling.

Surachet said 84 illegal exhaust pipes were also seized.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354451

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-14

Pathum Thani man arrested for organising road racing

By The Nation

A 20-year-old man was arrested Thursday for allegedly using Facebook to organise motorcycle races on Pathum Thani an Nonthaburi roads.

Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal, deputy tourist police chief, told a press conference at 1am on Friday at Pathum Thani's Klong Luang district office that Ekkaraj Puangchim was arrested under a warrant issued by the Pathum Thani court.

Ekkaraj allegedly used his "Palang Hua Kiew Pratet Non" [Power of Green Heads of Nonthaburi Country] Facebook page to organise racing by motorcyclists on roads linking the two provinces, Surachet said.

Surachet said each race attracted more than 100 motorcyclists and was also live broadcast via Facebook. The Facebook Live clips were later shared by youngsters.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354452

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-14

Bring out the road roller and crush the lot, that should send a message to the operators of the shops that is illegal to supply parts contrary to the law, it will also hit them in the hip pocket where it really hurts. 

Don't want to be a killjoy as I was a young rascal too, but it is pointless sitting kids down and giving them a lecture because the vast majority will just laugh it off and carry on, l did.

If the BiB are serious they should tell them that race modified bikes used on the street WILL be confiscated, scrapped...Anyone caught road racing will go to court...Any bike not "legal" (tax/insurance) used on the street will be ceased until the legal stuff is sorted...Any bike with noisy exhausts will have 10 days to get it sorted and report back to the BiB for inspection..

These DESPERATE retards on their loud 110 cc scoopys ''just cant give it a rest'' its ,throttle to the pin day and night ,everytime they launch ,in a'' pathetic attempt'' to ''make noise and get noticed'''....thank god they don't have bigger bikes....

1 minute ago, mok199 said:

These DESPERATE retards on their loud 110 cc scoopys ''just cant give it a rest'' its ,throttle to the pin day and night ,everytime they launch ,in a'' pathetic attempt'' to ''make noise and get noticed'''....thank god they don't have bigger bikes....

Were you young once, fooled around with your wheels...?

14 minutes ago, mok199 said:

You must be living very near to me,stop in for coffee sometime.

Or would it be possible they do this all over Thailand?

I detest these guys,nothing to do with being old and cranky but during all hours of the day it is just a nuisance.

A few houses away from us we have a kid who does this all of the time,trying to make as much noise as he can.

I told Ann,don't worry some day soon he will learn,i was wrong.

One sunday morning we heard him leave and just after third gear it all went very quiet.Yes he wiped out and was taken to the hospital.

He must feel better now,at it again.!!!!

1 hour ago, jvs said:

You must be living very near to me,stop in for coffee sometime.

Or would it be possible they do this all over Thailand?

I detest these guys,nothing to do with being old and cranky but during all hours of the day it is just a nuisance.

A few houses away from us we have a kid who does this all of the time,trying to make as much noise as he can.

I told Ann,don't worry some day soon he will learn,i was wrong.

One sunday morning we heard him leave and just after third gear it all went very quiet.Yes he wiped out and was taken to the hospital.

He must feel better now,at it again.!!!!

one of our biggest problems is a scooter taxi #12 , I asked him to stop as it woke my child in the wee hours ...he now goes out of his way to be louder , last week  he #12 stopped (he blocked her on our scooter)my wife as she was taking my boy to school ...''tell your loud mouth falang to mind his own business''... these are ''thais gone wild'' emboldened defiant and disrespectful...we tried the police(useless) ...we have double pained our windows and I bought a great ''sound sleep machine''....sweet sounds of a ''babbling brook all night long''...but this issue of unnesessary noise pollution is real and no one cares except us ''complaining foringers''

same same but different is the ''power boats'' as they run tourists to and from parasailing...these beah bullies rev their engines with their props half in the water to create a sound similar to an F1 car, an pathetic attempt to gather attention and grandstand as the Chinese tourists take pics of the water jetting out of the props.....please no one respond with the ''' they are in shallow water excuse''...thais need attention they demand it !!! , and don't get me started on the'' SNEEZE'' thai style....

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

one of our biggest problems is a scooter taxi #12 , I asked him to stop as it woke my child in the wee hours ...he now goes out of his way to be louder , last week  he #12 stopped (he blocked her on our scooter)my wife as she was taking my boy to school ...''tell your loud mouth falang to mind his own business''... these are ''thais gone wild'' emboldened defiant and disrespectful...we tried the police(useless) ...we have double pained our windows and I bought a great ''sound sleep machine''....sweet sounds of a ''babbling brook all night long''...but this issue of unnesessary noise pollution is real and no one cares except us ''complaining foringers''

I sympathise with your plight, may I suggest you open your wallet and find a few thugs to beat the crap out of him, I always make sure I am out of the country when it happens and use an intermediary. 

It should not be necessary but a large contribution to the police benefit fund works too, good luck. 

Racing can and should be organised to allow the youth to find out how lacking in skill they are. 

Seriously if there were organised opportunities for them to race where they can only injure themselves in a controlled environment it would help. 

Unfortunately it requires effort and energy so it won't happen. 

13 hours ago, rosst said:

I sympathise with your plight, may I suggest you open your wallet and find a few thugs to beat the crap out of him, I always make sure I am out of the country when it happens and use an intermediary.  ...

Seems to me that when I lived there 40 years ago in a small town, problems like this tended to "disappear".  Some folks just need a little sense beat into them. We all learn a bit differently.

13 hours ago, rosst said:

I sympathise with your plight, may I suggest you open your wallet and find a few thugs to beat the crap out of him, I always make sure I am out of the country when it happens and use an intermediary. 

It should not be necessary but a large contribution to the police benefit fund works too, good luck. 

I would accidently run over him in my pickup

19 hours ago, mok199 said:

Bah humbug you old kill joy !!!

Quit ranting it's time for your ovaltine !

22 hours ago, transam said:

Don't want to be a killjoy as I was a young rascal too, but it is pointless sitting kids down and giving them a lecture because the vast majority will just laugh it off and carry on, l did.

If the BiB are serious they should tell them that race modified bikes used on the street WILL be confiscated, scrapped...Anyone caught road racing will go to court...Any bike not "legal" (tax/insurance) used on the street will be ceased until the legal stuff is sorted...Any bike with noisy exhausts will have 10 days to get it sorted and report back to the BiB for inspection..

I used to race bikes in my youth, back in the UK. Never took our race bikes on the road, always in a Tranny van. Can remember squeezing 3 race bikes, 2 mates and myself into a Tranny van for a trip to Aintree.

Wouldn't have got more than 5 miles on the road, before being stopped by the police and that was back in the 70's.

Archived