Condo Wide Wi-fi Connections

tt61

I am currently renting a unit in VT5 Jomtien. Some True reps. were here selling internet connections to condo owners/rentees. I know it doesn't exist here, but perhaps in other condos/residences around Pattaya/Jomtien/Nakhlua. What I would like to see is a wi-fi connection that all residents of a condo can detect and connect to (subject to a subscription fee), saving individual internet subscriptions. For example here in VT5 this could be managed by the internet cafe in the basement or similar.

To do this you need to mount external antenna amplifiers around the building to provide equal signal strength to all floors, and units.

Do these solutions exist already anywhere in the region or do you think it is something residents would welcome? Advantages being minimal maintenance to the resident as all technical stuff is taken care of by the local wi-fi provider.

Just an idea...

there is wi-fi available in my condo block in bkk. you just pay a monthly sub with the rent and they give you a username/password.

i also pick-up a signal from 2 other condo blocks in the area (but cant log-in obviously). fairly common in bkk now i think.

Technically not so hard to do, unfortunately pretty much all condo managements won't let anything happen without pretty big backhanders or a decent share of revenue!

Why you think so many condo's don't allow Sophon, or another cable provider in???

Many condo's in Pattaya have this service. 1,000 to 1,500 a

month seems to be the going rate for a good high speed connection.

I also know of places with free connections but normally

these are a bit slow.

Naka.

I really prefer my own individual solution, getting my direct phone line and an ADSL account (from TT&T).

This has also the advantage, that I do not have to share the bandwith with our Condo Users, and not to forget after all the individual connection is kind of safer.

Many condo's in Pattaya have this service. 1,000 to 1,500 a

month seems to be the going rate for a good high speed connection.

I also know of places with free connections but normally

these are a bit slow.

Naka.

I really prefer my own individual solution, getting my direct phone line and an ADSL account (from TT&T).

This has also the advantage, that I do not have to share the bandwith with our Condo Users, and not to forget after all the individual connection is kind of safer.

Uhgg ... Ok ... Up to you :o

Naka.