Big C points

Finlaco

We got 1,000 off on a fridge once.... 

They sent out a text recently saying our 50,000 points were going to age out and to redeem them by a certain date.....My wife thinks we got 500 off our next visit for the 50k worth.....

• Haha 1

This is an interesting topic as I have recently experienced problems with my "Big C" card. When I bought a shirt the check-out assistant informed me that I had 150 baht on the card and would I like this deducted from my bill (yes). When the transaction was being completed the deduction could not be made. After a lot of activity by  supervisors at the check-out and in a nearby office, I was told there was an administration error and they copied my passport for HQ in Bangkok. I was then told I could use the card again in 3 days time. This I did successfully until a couple of weeks ago when I tried to use the card at my local "Mini Big C" and the points gained could not be added to my account. The supervisor informed me that the card had expired (no prior warning) and I would have to apply for a new one. On asking about my points gained I was told "the card has expired" and they wanted to keep it. I took my card back and sent it with a letter of complaint to Customer Services at HQ in Bangkok. They replied with sincere apologies and informed me that all points gained are still credited to my account and that in future I should quote my phone number when making purchases as my card could not be returned. It works and I am now a happy bunny.

• Like 1

Why hassle with those cards? Where ever I go I only tell them my phone number. I do not carry cards with me anymore, one is lost, others may be expired. 1 phone number replaces my former 6 cards. I do so since years without any problem.

And yes, when I purchased a washing machine at HomePro I got some discount due to the collected points in their system.

Edited by AlfonsV

The Points are different from the promotional Stamps.

If you have someone that can read Thai - here is the link to the Big C "Big Card" page that tells you how to redeem Points: https://bigcard.bigc.co.th/discount-point
(I just checked my "Big Card" and there is no expiry date on it.)

The Stamps are a promotional thing that they do once or twice a year (maybe). They will offer higher quality items that you can get for a steep discount if you collect the Stamps. The Stamps are usually handed out 1 per 100 baht spent (but some items don't qualify, like booze and cigarettes).

I just redeemed 80 stamps to get a frying pan, wok with glass lid, 20cm casserole pot with glass lid and a steamer insert that fits into the casserole pot.

I used 20 stamps for each item and paid the cash difference, which came to about 2,300 baht total. (So about 10,300 total, 8,000 in merchandise purchased and the additional 2,300 paid in cash). The retail value of those 4 items is supposed to be about 10,800 baht.

(If I'd gone the "cheap" route, I would have needed 430 stamps and 396 baht to get the same items. But that would have required me to spend about 43,000 baht to get all those stamps.)

Every so often Foodland does a similar promotion. I've acquired some nice drinking glasses, kitchenware (flatware and butcher's knives) and assorted pots and pans from promotions at Big C and Friendship. 
The items they offer are usually of better quality than what the stores offer themselves. If you are going to be shopping in those places anyways it can pay to collect (and redeem) the stamps. Haven't tried redeeming any points from the Big Card or "The 1 Card" but I seem to recall occasionally being told how much of a discount I got from  my purchase when I've used it (at some places).

The points and the stamps are linked.  To reclaim your cooking pots you need to have enough stamps and show the points card.  It's well worth it!  You can also get some of the bill reduced at the check-out, although they usually require separate transactions which can be a pain. The Big C card is much more worthwhile than the Tesco Lotus card.

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The points and the stamps are linked.  To reclaim your cooking pots you need to have enough stamps and show the points card.  It's well worth it!  You can also get some of the bill reduced at the check-out, although they usually require separate transactions which can be a pain. The Big C card is much more worthwhile than the Tesco Lotus card.

With due respect, I prefer the Tesco Lotus Club Card because the rewards are all cash - "cash back" and cash discount vouchers on purchases. I have enough cooking pots and pans and do not need any more.

With due respect, I prefer the Tesco Lotus Club Card because the rewards are all cash - "cash back" and cash discount vouchers on purchases. I have enough cooking pots and pans and do not need any more.
How do you claim your cash back with Lotus card? I've had one for years, but never have! Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

How do you claim your cash back with Lotus card? I've had one for years, but never have! Cheers.

With the Lotus card you get vouchers posted to you every couple of months. Some of the vouchers are for money off your bill, others are for discounts on certain products (seem to be related to your frequent purchases).

Both types of voucher have a "use by" date.

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I get a letter every 3 months enclosing details of my account and the various discount vouchers which I then use for future purchases. If your card is in a THAI name then THAT person will get the vouchers by post. I made certain MY name was linked to the card. I now live on my own and I notified Tesco Lotus (my local store) of my new address which they processed with HQ. 

12 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

I get a letter every 3 months enclosing details of my account and the various discount vouchers which I then use for future purchases. If your card is in a THAI name then THAT person will get the vouchers by post. I made certain MY name was linked to the card. I now live on my own and I notified Tesco Lotus (my local store) of my new address which they processed with HQ. 

Cheers for that.  I've had one for about 5 years and never had anything in the post!  I will check what address they have for me.