Trump directs FBI to declassify information related to Russia investigation

webfact

40 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

so Hillary's assistants were afforded immunity by the FBI leadership that wanted her to

win the election, no conflict of interests at all...?

Destroyed evidence under subpoena, no problem, the FBI is with her!

no subversion going on here at all

So I have to accept your word which you cannot substantiate against the FBI's word which can be checked by chasing the links.

No thank you. Please come up with hard facts and links but no conspiracy theories please.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

so Hillary's assistants were afforded immunity by the FBI leadership that wanted her to

win the election, no conflict of interests at all...?

Destroyed evidence under subpoena, no problem, the FBI is with her!

no subversion going on here at all

Obviously, Hillary does not agree with you on your assertion that "the FBI leadership that wanted her to win the election" ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/14/forever-changed-history-hillary-clinton-lays-blame-james-comey/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

So I have to accept your word which you cannot substantiate against the FBI's word which can be checked by chasing the links.

No thank you. Please come up with hard facts and links but no conspiracy theories please.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/01/03/does-the-hillary-clinton-email-matter-need-a-fresh-look/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8112f03d405a

https://www.wsj.com/articles/two-clinton-attorneys-granted-immunity-as-part-of-fbis-email-probe-1474653809

never mind the entire top echelon of the FBI wanted her to win the election, they could not POSSIBLY have any bias....and the left and the media will never acknowledge what the texts that had to be forced out clearly show. are you even remotely curious as to why the FBI said they could not recover texts then a week later the IG gets them? or even at all suspicious to the reasons the DOJ and FBI refuse to turn over documentation, then whenever they do they redact things and lie about why they are redacted? over a year delay in some cases, then only oncethe court ruled in favor of the FOIA requests,

Why weren't field agents used, per normal procedure then it was handed to the upper level FBI staff in Headquarters?

Where are the 302 forms?

if you are not wanting to see the information, then you have made up your mind.

What are they hiding at DOJ and FBI? who are they protecting?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

Obviously, Hillary does not agree with you on your assertion that "the FBI leadership that wanted her to win the election" ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/14/forever-changed-history-hillary-clinton-lays-blame-james-comey/

well, she is a real credible source. They thought they would win, and are getting exposed for being so arrogant

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Examples please

Here you go....these could only be considered not an insult if you are remarkably self absorbed, have a massive unsubstantiated ego, are ridiculously condescending and assume those who do not share your ideology are inferior and stupid (a leftist)  or perhaps a "remain" voter?

the recent berating parade:

But, but, but Obama...........the cry of the lesser spotted Trumper always rings out

I really wish some of you Trumpers would get .....

Not necessarily just 'nazi/fascist/racist' as there are predominately only two types of Trump supporters; billionaires and idiots....

It seems that the normally vociferous Trumpers are unusually quiet......

You idiocy is showing YET AGAIN as YET AGAIN you are just supporting the orange buffoon.....

Apart from this 'difinitive' loon, this thread has been suspiciously free of the usual Trumpers.

Well you are certainly helping to back up the part about idiots.......

How difficult is this for you Trumpers to understand?

have a nice day

3 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/01/03/does-the-hillary-clinton-email-matter-need-a-fresh-look/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8112f03d405a

https://www.wsj.com/articles/two-clinton-attorneys-granted-immunity-as-part-of-fbis-email-probe-1474653809

never mind the entire top echelon of the FBI wanted her to win the election, they could not POSSIBLY have any bias....and the left and the media will never acknowledge what the texts that had to be forced out clearly show. are you even remotely curious as to why the FBI said they could not recover texts then a week later the IG gets them? or even at all suspicious to the reasons the DOJ and FBI refuse to turn over documentation, then whenever they do they redact things and lie about why they are redacted? over a year delay in some cases, then only once the court ruled in favor of the FOIA requests,

Why weren't field agents used, per normal procedure then it was handed to the upper level FBI staff in Headquarters?

Where are the 302 forms?

if you are not wanting to see the information, then you have made up your mind.

What are they hiding at DOJ and FBI? who are they protecting?

Well your first link is simply an opinion on a web blog and as I am not a subscriber to the WSJ I cannot read the second.

As my teacher used to tell me. You must try harder and post facts and not opinions which are subject to the writers bias.

Both your and my posts (not facts that can be verified independently) are simply opinions and are biased according to how we feel about a given subject.

quote from your post

"Why weren't field agents used, per normal procedure then it was handed to the upper level FBI staff in Headquarters?" Do you have concrete proof of this? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Where are the 302 forms? I have no idea what they are as I am not an American, never mind where they are.

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

Well your first link is simply an opinion on a web blog and as I am not a subscriber to the WSJ I cannot read the second.

As my teacher used to tell me. You must try harder and post facts and not opinions which are subject to the writers bias.

Both your and my posts (not facts that can be verified independently) are simply opinions and are biased according to how we feel about a given subject.

quote from your post

"Why weren't field agents used, per normal procedure then it was handed to the upper level FBI staff in Headquarters?" Do you have concrete proof of this? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Where are the 302 forms? I have no idea what they are as I am not an American, never mind where they are.

YES: 

Lawmakers on the House Judiciary Committee who attended a Dec. 21 closed-door briefing by FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe say the bureau official confirmed that the investigation and charging decisions were controlled by a small group in Washington headquarters rather the normal process of allowing field offices to investigate possible criminality in their localities. The Clinton email server in question was based in New York.

In normal FBI cases, field offices where crimes are believed to have been committed investigate the evidence and then recommend to bureau hierarchy whether to pursue charges with prosecutors. In this case, the bureau hierarchy controlled both the investigation and the charging decision from Washington, a scenario known in FBI parlance as a “special,” the lawmakers said.

a 302 is the fbi interview report. to demonstrate the Clinton Bias you can read the agents messages here:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/fbi-agent-who-questioned-hillary-email-probe-called-her-president-4

it shows the time stamps and the ridiculous attitude of the agents interviewing her

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

YES: 

Lawmakers on the House Judiciary Committee who attended a Dec. 21 closed-door briefing by FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe say the bureau official confirmed that the investigation and charging decisions were controlled by a small group in Washington headquarters rather the normal process of allowing field offices to investigate possible criminality in their localities. The Clinton email server in question was based in New York.

In normal FBI cases, field offices where crimes are believed to have been committed investigate the evidence and then recommend to bureau hierarchy whether to pursue charges with prosecutors. In this case, the bureau hierarchy controlled both the investigation and the charging decision from Washington, a scenario known in FBI parlance as a “special,” the lawmakers said.

a 302 is the fbi interview report. to demonstrate the Clinton Bias you can read the agents messages here:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/fbi-agent-who-questioned-hillary-email-probe-called-her-president-4

it shows the time stamps and the ridiculous attitude of the agents interviewing her

The Department of Justice has cleared them. Do you also think that the Department of Justice has made a biased pro-Clinton investigation and drawn biased pro-Clinton conclusions from it?

• Like 2

Looks like some of those  sources and methods are coming now. The same stuff C. Schummer was talking about( "you don't want to fool around with the intel agencies ,they have six ways to Sunday to get back at you") was just reported by the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bristolboy said:

So is this a bad move by Donald Trump?

Trump walks back his plan to declassify Russia probe documents

President Trump on Friday walked back his order earlier this week to declassify information in the ongoing probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, saying Justice Department officials and others had persuaded him not to do so for the time being.

The retreat from his declassification decree issued just four days ago underscores the ongoing tensions between the White House and the Justice Department over the probe by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, who is examining whether any Trump associates may have conspired with the Kremlin to interfere in the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-walks-back-his-plan-to-declassify-russia-probe-documents/2018/09/21/79d95f94-bdac-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html?utm_term=.1d2274ce34e1&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Pathetic! The orange Moron (uppercase is intentionally added as Trump has become an archetype of it) probably found out that the information disclosed would be compromising and that he was shouting himself again in his own foott!

Finally, maybe it would have been a good thing to publish these documents! ?

8 hours ago, candide said:

The Department of Justice has cleared them. Do you also think that the Department of Justice has made a biased pro-Clinton investigation and drawn biased pro-Clinton conclusions from it?

Yes of course. Do you assume the secret tarmac meeting between Clinton and Loretta lynch was just a coincidence? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, candide said:

Pathetic! The orange Moron (uppercase is intentionally added as Trump has become an archetype of it) probably found out that the information disclosed would be compromising and that he was shouting himself again in his own foott!

Wow, what an intelligent conclusion 

5 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Wow, what an intelligent conclusion 

Well, I'm actually quite modest about it. It's been a recurrent pattern on several occasions: first open his big gob, then backpedal later. No need to be particularly smart to notice such regularities in Trump's behaviour.

1 hour ago, candide said:

Actually the Brits have asked him not to redact and not to release the information. So a former British spy that hated Trump puts a completely unverified dossier into the FBI and then gets the axe from the FBI then back channels it thru the DOJ.

I wonder what the Brits could be worried about other than interfering with an election.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

Amazingly Trump has  stated he took the decision to declassify the FBI files on the advice of Fox News hosts.  As the Washington Post says "shows the utter lack of care with which he operates as commander in chief". I suppose a trump supporter will come up with some bizarre reason for supporting an Administration described as the "idiocracy".

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Amazingly Trump has  stated he took the decision to declassify the FBI files on the advice of Fox News hosts.  As the Washington Post says "shows the utter lack of care with which he operates as commander in chief". I suppose a trump supporter will come up with some bizarre reason for supporting an Administration described as the "idiocracy".

what are you afraid of? why not see the information? Redact the names if needed. why so afraid?

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Please quit the BS. It seems to me people such as you, if you're not just a troll, indicate the deep divisions, to the detriment of US society encouraged by Trump.

what BS? the subject is the declassification. I asked what are you afraid of if the information is released.

"people such as you" where do you get the authority to judge me?

Trump did not create the divide, it has been there for years. but you can think that if it makes you feel better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

Trump did not create the divide, it has been there for years. but you can think that if it makes you feel better.

True, but one of his election promises was to heal the divide. Even you must admit that the divide has widened since he took office.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

what BS? the subject is the declassification. I asked what are you afraid of if the information is released.

Yes, you would think from the way his critics talk that Trump promoted that ridiculous birther conspiracy nonsense.

29 minutes ago, Spidey said:

True, but one of his election promises was to heal the divide. Even you must admit that the divide has widened since he took office.

I would put more responsibility on the ridiculous breathless constant state of phony outrage

from the media and their allies in the democratic party

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bristolboy said:

President Trump on Friday walked back his order earlier this week to declassify information in the ongoing probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election

To add:

Trump signaled that he might be shifting from the declassification demand when he told Fox News' Sean Hannity he had received phone calls from two unnamed "very good allies" who raised objections to releasing the documents publicly.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/21/politics/donald-trump-fisa-declassification-walk-back/index.html

Hannity is an unpaid POTUS senior advisor?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

To add:

Trump signaled that he might be shifting from the declassification demand when he told Fox News' Sean Hannity he had received phone calls from two unnamed "very good allies" who raised objections to releasing the documents publicly.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/21/politics/donald-trump-fisa-declassification-walk-back/index.html

Hannity is an unpaid POTUS senior advisor?

?

Just now, mcambl61 said:

I would put more responsibility on the ridiculous breathless constant state of phony outrage

from the media and their allies in the democratic party

We could argue all day about where the responsibility lies. The fact is that the gap has widened despite Trumps election promise. I see nothing in Trump's actions that could be seen as a real attempt to close the gap.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

I am not 'afraid' of FBI file content, that's an absurd allegation. However, I am concerned that trump constantly endeavours to undermine the rule of law, especially internationally due to his unilateral actions creating problems for my home country and other allies.

My opinions of other members is based on the content they post. 

Provide facts where trump's actions have contributed to healing the social & political divide in the US. Trump's  megaphone politics and tweets all demonstrate he is not a healer, but a self centered divider.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I not 'afraid' of FBI file content, that's an absurd allegation. However, I am concerned that trump constantly endeavours to undermine the rule of law, especially internationally due to his unilateral actions creating problems for my home country and other allies.

My opinions of other members is based on the content they post. 

Provide facts where trump's actions have contributed to healing the social & political divide in the US. Trump's  megaphone politics and tweets all demonstrate he is not a healer, but a self centered divider.

So the FBI and DOJ are refusing congressional subpoenas for information and you are worried about Trump undermining the rule of law?

What rule of law has Trump undermined? the unfounded unproven russia nonsense does not count

If you do not want to see the media's role in the division you are blind, but that may be what you want

• Like 1