Video: Speeding  "Fast Granny" mows down kids, causes carnage at Suphan intersection

webfact

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

Yeah...but those are all "nanny states", with no personal freedom, so many here on TV love so much!

They are also the states with way lesser traffic- deaths, but that is not as important!

:coffee1:

unfortunately, less deaths on Thai roads isn't important at all - does it even rate a mention in the manifesto of our brilliant civil minded excuse for politicians?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DM07 said:
On 9/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, from the home of CC said:

Some countries require yearly re tests after a certain age, should apply here also.

Yeah...but those are all "nanny states", with no personal freedom, so many here on TV love so much!

They are also the states with way lesser traffic- deaths, but that is not as important!

:coffee1:

In the UK my father is still driving at 80 years old... I believe he should be re-tested and proven safe to drive. At such an age I believe this should be a yearly test (free of charge) for no other reason than to protect the public. 

"The Nanny State" as some people like to call it requires a healthy level of balance... people like it when it suits them... i.e. low death tolls on british roads... but hate and complain about it when it doesn't suit them, such as the costly preventative measures employed (high speeding fines). 

In Thailands case it is this aspect of the "nanny state" which is desperately required - Stronger policing and significantly greater fines would made a difference... Perhaps not in this case, but in many others. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

On 9/19/2018 at 9:47 AM, webfact said:

Lieutenant Piya-orn also described the driver as forgetful and confused

But she thought it was ok for her to drive back to get something in that state, thats one reason the toll is that high, police dont know what they are responsible for.

I also agree I never take off immediately a light changes, they can beep their horns as much as they like, I always let the meat shield take off first.

On 9/19/2018 at 4:24 AM, NCC1701A said:

granny 100% in the wrong but notice everyone just enters the intersection without looking to the right.:shock1:

not to make light of a serious subject but I hope the woman in the blue dress at the end of the video is around when I crash.:clap2: 

not really gonna look right tho if the lights are red,  u wldnt except anyone coming from the right if their lights are red...although saying that u always got look everyway on the roads in thailand left, right, behind ya, even on the pavement if you're a pedestrian u gotta keep ya eye out for bikes.