Red banana

Looking for a banana plant with red leafs, called  red Abyssinian banana

There are a few other names but some people seem to mix them up.

We have what we call here a red banana plant but it produces red banana fruit

and the leafs are not red.

Does any one grow them here or do you know where we can get a few?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Most banana varieties or any other trees can be ordered online from the likes of nanagarden, thaicentralgarden, etc. I could be wrong, but it may be called gluay nahk (กล้วยนาค) in thai. I have a few like this; whether the leaves get purple or are green seems to depend on the conditions. It does real well here; stalks are hardier than most and fruit is large and tastes great though a few seeds are common.

12 hours ago, canopy said:

Most banana varieties or any other trees can be ordered online from the likes of nanagarden, thaicentralgarden, etc. I could be wrong, but it may be called gluay nahk (กล้วยนาค) in thai. I have a few like this; whether the leaves get purple or are green seems to depend on the conditions. It does real well here; stalks are hardier than most and fruit is large and tastes great though a few seeds are common.

And because of these lovely qualities, they're much more marketable locally [if not more expensive, of course]. 

12 hours ago, canopy said:

I just asked Ann and we have that one already,it is the normal fruit bearing red banana.The one i am after is called blood banana(in Thai)

• 1 month later...

Archived