Is installation of home appliances usually free from big stores?

Hal65

Went to a Power Buy and asked the cost of installing a window AC. He did say free but could not answer other questions due to limited English. I will also be looking at Big C and Home Pro and just wanted to ask if free installation is typical for these types of things in Thailand (if so it might sway me away from watching Pattaya Buy/Sell for a good used deal)

Funny, I thought we were in Thailand, maybe you mean someone's "Limited Thai"  rather than the native speakers use of a foreign language. I used to get a similar problem back in the UK when I used to ask the staff at Curry's to explain the benefits of a 4K UHD TV to me in Russian!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hal65 said:

installing a window AC

Window AC..I suspect you'll have a bit of trouble getting that installed,

often times there is free installation included with aircon price  but if not they usually ask about 2000-3000 baht for the more usual split unit aircon..depending on how long the  cooling tube and electricity cable run is  + more for compressor unit hangers.

• Like 2

installation is free for most things purchased from power plus, homepro and index at pattaya...

however installing a/c is a bit more complex---also extra charge  for plumbing if needed for washing machine eg.

i found ALL  the above stores very efficient and reliable for delivery and  asembly/installation...

• Like 1

Spent 100k+ baht last weekend at a local electric goods shop in Nan on four split air con systems. Delivery to a site 70 kilometers away was free as is full installation. Now to get our home builder to remove his installation costs...

I feel like he’s going to say something like “you’re getting the installation free,,,”
you know the rest.
  • Like 1

I bought two 9000 btu split system aircons from homepro 150 km away. I suggested I would get local to install, and got 1500 baht rebate. For each if I remember correctly.

Bought an 18000 btu from tesco 40 km away. The installer couldn't get it to run. 555. Said our power was no good. We had to pay someone else to fix it.

Now we have a 24, an 18, and two 9's, and all can run at the same time on a trial. Rarely we use more than 2 at one time. An hour a day. Power bill normally 1000 baht a month.

The installer for 24, and 2 × 9's charge 2500 each the crook. 4 men, travelled 40km. Good money.

Edited by Goanna

I've found generally free, but for AC's they limit the cooling pipe runs from the compressor units to the inside blowers. More than the prescribed length you pay by the metre. Same with the covering conduits inside/ out and I believe wall hangers for the compressors are additional. We've found if you're having an old unit replaced the installer might offer you something for the old unit. Not a lot , but maybe Thb 500-750. Sure he just makes some pin money for the scrap.

for my money get it installed by the place you bought it from. Saves any hassle if there's a problem, so they can't claim it was installed wrong.

just waiting for the installer to come and fit my air con

bought from Global, got a small discount, so as good price as the other shops in town, plus got free delivery

fitting price is included at 1,600 baht, plus extra for wall hangers outside

seems the fitting prices if not included are between 1.400 -1,800 baht at most of the shops we tried