Donating Second Hand Goods

hopefc

My girlfriend works as a teacher at a school near Mae Sot. The students are big football fans and love playing the game. Most of them do not have proper football shoes. I am currently in Australia, and have managed to find some decent cheap second hand shoes at various Op Shops that would be ideal for them. I have 22 pairs that I want to bring back to donate to the school. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem with Customs? (Will I need to pay customs duty on them?). I will be arriving through Don Meaung airprot in the next few days. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just pack the shoes in a bag and go. It's highly unlikely your bags will be searched at the airport, I'm in and out of DM often and never had to open a bag yet. If your bag was searched however and a customs official questioned you about the shoes (highly unlikely as they're 2nd hand used shoes) then just tell them you're bringing the shoes for the Thai kids.  Your chances of getting slugged customs duty on old used shoes are so remote that I wouldn't be concerned about it ever happening. 

• 1 month later...