Alan Hogg hitman LAUGHS as cops are shown where Brit millionaire and his Thai wife were buried by her own brother

webfact

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Or are you suggesting all Thai wives married to foreigners and those foreigners are in that categorie also?

And what category are you in? 

I think you must be replying to Neeranam's post that said it was only Sun readers and husbands of bar girls who should be worried about relatives in whose name assets are held who should be worried about being bumped off by said relatives. His comment was not only wrong in my opinion, but obviously wrong in the case of Alan Hogg and his wife too. Many people, whatever their reading habits and choice of partner, are probably concerned about this issue.

• Like 2

Family row blamed for murder of wealthy Briton and wife in Thailand

Relatives of Alan Hogg and Nott Suddaen say she was murdered after the relationship with her brother soured beyond repair

Hannah Ellis-Petersen in Phrae

The tension had been building for months, maybe years.

In the days before Alan Hogg, the wealthy Scottish businessman, and his Thai wife Nott, were killed and then buried in the garden of their home, relatives have revealed that the relationship between Nott and her brother Warut Satchakit, who has since been charged with the murders, had soured beyond repair.

For 20 years, Nott’s favourite older brother had lived in a house on her and her husband’s expansive property where he worked as the chief gardener, looking after the plants, the fruit orchard, the chickens and the 15 cows. According to numerous neighbours, Hogg and Satchaikit tended the 13-hectare plot of land side-by-side, though not always harmoniously.

But Nott’s and Satchakit’s youngest brother Thanom Suddan, 53, said Nott had been planning to kick her 63-year-old brother off the property, after the family conflict became too much.

Full story: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/27/briton-thailand-murder-alan-hogg-sibling-rift

-- The Guardian 2018-09-27

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Lets see if he is still laughing and having  a good time

after a few years behind bars,money and greed,results

in 5 lives destroyed.

regards worgeordie

He was smiling, because he knows somebody influential might bail him out in no time...

• Confused 3

I don't know what led to the family row. But I wouldn't be surprised if the cause for the row was that the victim's brother was demanding money or even part of the land. 

Hope he will get the appropriate punishment and Thai law will do the right thing this time.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lanista said:

Yep !!   but you shouldnt say it because you'll upset farangs who think theyre genuinely married.

No farang  should ever put assets in a Thai's name .  Invest your money back home and always rent like ive done for years.

Youre just wasting money if you buy land in LOS. You dont legally own it!!!

I wouldnt be surprised at all if a deal is made involving alot of baht and one or two of the village monkeys go free.  It wont happen right now but later when the media loses interest.

Invest your money back home, why ?   Singapore and Hong Kong are safe and nearby.  Malaysia might be pretty good too.  If you live in this part of the world, and do not get back "home" with any frequency, it is better to have your assets close to you but safe. 

You are right that having too much money in Thailand is a really bad idea as you can see by countless news articles.   Pay as you go in Thailand and invest in a small scale and stay away from extended Thai family members. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nausea said:

That grin could be a cultural reaction to a stressful situation. I remember reading that tourists were shocked by Thais smiling as they ran towards them away from the Tsunami. It was explained at the time as a cultural thing, not a lack of concern for those in a life-threatening situation.

I fully understand this, but it also shows a complete lack of empathy for the victims, which seems like a cultural reaction too.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, lanista said:

Yep !!   but you shouldnt say it because you'll upset farangs who think theyre genuinely married.

No farang  should ever put assets in a Thai's name .  Invest your money back home and always rent like ive done for years.

Youre just wasting money if you buy land in LOS. You dont legally own it!!!

I wouldnt be surprised at all if a deal is made involving alot of baht and one or two of the village monkeys go free.  It wont happen right now but later when the media loses interest.

Another disallusioned man with poor judgement of people and circumstances.  That's how you become a looser, poor you, maybe time you returned to your Country?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Invest your money back home, why ?   Singapore and Hong Kong are safe and nearby.  Malaysia might be pretty good too.  If you live in this part of the world, and do not get back "home" with any frequency, it is better to have your assets close to you but safe. 

You are right that having too much money in Thailand is a really bad idea as you can see by countless news articles.   Pay as you go in Thailand and invest in a small scale and stay away from extended Thai family members. 

just dont get married end of story.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Where did he flaunt wealth. ? Hes the same as many an old retired ferang here. Rotting in the Jungle with a Ford Truck..

I agree.  I can no sign of his "flaunting wealth".   He had money of course, but his property and vehicle appear to me to be fairly modest for a reputed millionaire, who seemed to enjoy popping out to feed his ducks.  Also, he was married to a lady of 61 years, so he did not use his wealth to buy a young girl, as many do.   

Just now, I have got Alan Hogg down as a really nice guy and his poor wife as a devoted partner.  As for buying assets in various Thai family names, what choice did he have when investing his money when, as a farang, he is not even able to own his own home?  For all we know, it may have been his intention to allow those family members to keep the assets purchased in their name when he passed on, which would negate the necessity for a legal will to do so.

• Thanks 1