Uk Passport

martaway

No extra pages for us Brits :D

Dont' forget to order the larger (48page?) passport, particularly if you make a habit of visiting Cambodia on your visa runs.

I believe 48 page passports have been stopped. Can anyone confirm this? I got one last year. :o

There'll also be a lot fewer visa runs to Cambodia but that's another story! :D

Dont' forget to order the larger (48page?) passport, particularly if you make a habit of visiting Cambodia on your visa runs.

I believe 48 page passports have been stopped. Can anyone confirm this? I got one last year. :o

i also use uk 48 page.i havnt heard anything about them being stopped but wouldnt surprise me,ssems to be a huge money making exercise for the govt.isnt that long ago the larger passport was 90 page .the excuse for doing away with them was they were to big to be computer readable,which sounds like <deleted> to me.cant imagine what the reason could be to do away with the 48 page version.

i also use uk 48 page.i havnt heard anything about them being stopped but wouldnt surprise me,ssems to be a huge money making exercise for the govt.isnt that long ago the larger passport was 90 page .the excuse for doing away with them was they were to big to be computer readable,which sounds like <deleted> to me.cant imagine what the reason could be to do away with the 48 page version.

I just looked on the UK govt's passport website. There is no mention of the 48 page passport and only one price. This suggests the 48 page option has been discontinued.

I just looked on the UK govt's passport website. There is no mention of the 48 page passport and only one price. This suggests the 48 page option has been discontinued.

Thanks for the info guys.

Don't suppose anyone knows the requirements and procedures for obtaining a new passport at the British Embassy ?

Can it be done via post ?

Thanks for the info guys.

Don't suppose anyone knows the requirements and procedures for obtaining a new passport at the British Embassy ?

Can it be done via post ?

When you go to the British Consulate site there isw also an option to email questions but give them 2 weeks to reply

Heres the site link and the email link if it helps

britishembassy.gov.uk/Thailand

Heres some info for you

Karen Untimanon

Passport Officer

? Consular Section

British Embassy

14 Wireless Road

Bangkok 10330

( ++66 (0)2 305 8333 Ext 2278

Ê ++66 (0)2 255 6051

FTN: 8419 8278

8 [email protected]

: britishembassy.gov.uk/Thailand

Public opening hours:

Mon-Thurs mornings 0800-1100, afternoons 1300-1530

Fridays 0800-1200 only

Edited by macb

48 page British passports are available in the U.K. but will not be available from the Bangkok British Embassy until after May 2007.

British passports are biometric now: ensure your photographs come up to the required standard: see link on Bangkok British Embassy website.

The 94 page British passport was discontinued approximately 20 years ago. (In 1988 burgundy passports were first issued.)

However the old 'blue' passport continued to be issued overseas for some time. So some fortunate individuals were able to obtain the 94 page 'blue' in Hong Kong even into the early 1990's.

Edited by libya 115

48 page British passports are available in the U.K. but will not be available from the Bangkok British Embassy until after May 2007.

British passports are biometric now: ensure your photographs come up to the required standard: see link on Bangkok British Embassy website.

The 100 page British passport was discontinued approximately 20 years ago.

So, Libya, it sounds as if the FCO discontinued issuing the 48 page passports and then will resume issuing them later this year. Is that correct?

The 100 page British passport was discontinued approximately 20 years ago.

So, Libya, it sounds as if the FCO discontinued issuing the 48 page passports and then will resume issuing them later this year. Is that correct?

Correct.

In May 2006 the British Embassy in Bangkok started to issue biometric passports, so suspended the issue of 48 page passports. Only the 32 page passport is available in Thailand until after May 2007 when the 48 page passport will be available (again).