Big Joke tipped for big promotion

webfact

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

After arresting a few overstayers and a bunch of mostly black people, but no really serious villains that I can recall, I am not quite sure why his name is even in the picture. He does do a good press conference to show off his petty criminals, but as for real police work, I think he is, as his name says, just a big joke.

Whether the Koh Tao rape case is true or not, by denying it before investigating anything and threatening the alleged victim at the same time, he has shown he does not have the first clue about really being a copper, let alone a top one.

Yes,

Hasn't a clue..........so he will fit right in there at the top with the rest of the clueless!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Does Big Joke deserve the top job?

Does anybody ?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

In his role as deputy at the Tourist Police Bureau Surachate has been all over the news busting a variety of criminals from call center gangs to rogue tuk-tuk drivers, illegal guides to Nigerian romance scammers. 

If Eliot Ness or Paddington Pollaky were still alive, he might point BJ towards some real crime.  

I wonder how he will make things worse than they already are.  How is going to top rich guys in, poor guys out ? 

Edited by yellowboat

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

Then again he could equally make his mark by streamlining the service, making fewer forms to complete, fewer hoops for us to leap through. Let's hope!

Along with an increase in application fees, 'money in bank' requirements...or both?

7 hours ago, missoura said:

A Thai friend of mine is a commander in the navy and one day I jokingly asked him, when would he become an admiral. Ten years he said. When I asked how he was so sure, his reply was simple. Everybody does.

Have a large aerospace company if you were there 10 years you have a job for life...... no matter if you worthless or not. They’ve changed the policy for anyone coming in as new hires 2 years ago. 

Why must he speak "English"? He is the head of Immigration in Thailand and he does not need to speak English because he will not be dealing with the lower class immigrants, he will be dealing with his immigration team which are all Thai's and it is them that are dealing with the immigrants that should be able to speak several languages as there are not only English speaking immigrants in Thailand. I would be very careful about this man because nothing would be better for him than to get rid of a lot of these illegal immigrants who have used agents to pay IO's a brown envelope under the counter because they do not have the required finances to remain in Thailand legally. How many of you have used agents with false documents to get your extensions? I think you should be worried because you could be a big feather in Big Jokes cap as you are led to your aircraft when you are deported out of Thailand. There is something for you to think about.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Why must he speak "English"? He is the head of Immigration in Thailand and he does not need to speak English because he will not be dealing with the lower class immigrants, he will be dealing with his immigration team which are all Thai's and it is them that are dealing with the immigrants that should be able to speak several languages as there are not only English speaking immigrants in Thailand. I would be very careful about this man because nothing would be better for him than to get rid of a lot of these illegal immigrants who have used agents to pay IO's a brown envelope under the counter because they do not have the required finances to remain in Thailand legally. How many of you have used agents with false documents to get your extensions? I think you should be worried because you could be a big feather in Big Jokes cap as you are led to your aircraft when you are deported out of Thailand. There is something for you to think about.

And promotions in thr RTP do not involve brown envelopes?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newatthis said:

And promotions in thr RTP do not involve brown envelopes?

You are only guessing that Big Joke has given his superior a brown envelope. But I know a lot of falangs who have paid agents to give a brown envelope to IO's at a couple of districts because they do not have the financial requirements to meet their extension requirements and if I was them then I would be a bit worried about this bloke and not be making too many jokes about him or they might find that they become one of his big jokes

• Like 1

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

After arresting a few overstayers and a bunch of mostly black people, but no really serious villains that I can recall, I am not quite sure why his name is even in the picture. He does do a good press conference to show off his petty criminals, but as for real police work, I think he is, as his name says, just a big joke.

Whether the Koh Tao rape case is true or not, by denying it before investigating anything and threatening the alleged victim at the same time, he has shown he does not have the first clue about really being a copper, let alone a top one.

The biggest joke of all is that silly rank Maj/Gen, probably paid for, what rank will

he give himself for his new immigration job? :cheesy:

• Like 1

There is something that you all need to remember when you are making all these jokes about Big Joke and that is he is now head of Thailand Immigration and what he says goes and if you think it is a joke and you do not like it just remember it will be you in the departure lounge at the airport getting kicked out of Thailand and he will still be here with another feather in his cap for getting rid of another stupid falang

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Yeah ... knowledge of foreign languages could affect his Thainess ...
And we do not want this...

50 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I agree with you Russell.  There is no doubt that Immigration needs some attention and this man might just be the right person.  Standardization of Immigration Regulations should be applied so that graft cannot happen and different instructions and requirements are not applied at different Offices.  Thailand, like most other countries is attempting to develop better and simpler systems and rules.  There may well be changes but for those who conform and meet the requirements there may also be a much better outcome.  I'm tired of reading comments by the "Thai bashers",  You live in this country by the good grace of the Thai Government and People, if you don't like the system then you know what to do.  This man is a Senior Police Officer, his work and actions are known by his colleges and superiors, if he wasn't up to the job his name would not have come up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

There is no doubt he will make things harder but brown envelopes and agents will not be out for as long as immigration officers get paid as little as they do.

corruption runs deep in Thai blood , the only thing that will change is the amounts to be put in brown envelopes.

his position is safe until the elections, if there is a change in government , he be out of the job faster than he went in.

Edited by BestB
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Antioc said:

I agree with you Russell.  There is no doubt that Immigration needs some attention and this man might just be the right person.  Standardization of Immigration Regulations should be applied so that graft cannot happen and different instructions and requirements are not applied at different Offices.  Thailand, like most other countries is attempting to develop better and simpler systems and rules.  There may well be changes but for those who conform and meet the requirements there may also be a much better outcome.  I'm tired of reading comments by the "Thai bashers",  You live in this country by the good grace of the Thai Government and People, if you don't like the system then you know what to do.  This man is a Senior Police Officer, his work and actions are known by his colleges and superiors, if he wasn't up to the job his name would not have come up.

So you actually really believe and saying out loud that positions in Thailand are earned and not purchased or given as favours ?

have you actually been in Thailand yet or gained your knowledge through reading about it ?

• Like 2

There seems to be a fair lack of understanding of the ability of the Cyber Police/Intelligence Unit in Thailand to track down on-line "anti Thai" individuals.  Anything you write is evidence - actually, it's the "best" evidence.  As Russell17au (above just stated;

"There is something that you all need to remember when you are making all these jokes about Big Joke and that is he is now head of Thailand Immigration and what he says goes and if you think it is a joke and you do not like it just remember it will be you in the departure lounge at the airport getting kicked out of Thailand and he will still be here with another feather in his cap for getting rid of another stupid falang".

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

There is something that you all need to remember when you are making all these jokes about Big Joke and that is he is now head of Thailand Immigration and what he says goes and if you think it is a joke and you do not like it just remember it will be you in the departure lounge at the airport getting kicked out of Thailand and he will still be here with another feather in his cap for getting rid of another stupid falang

Freedom of speech and expression has not yet reached your planet ???

• Like 2