Banglamung patrol officers get flak jackets

Rimmer

Banglamung patrol officers get flak jackets

image.png

PATTAYA:--The National Police Board of Banglamung gave 60 flak jackets valued at 72,000 baht to patrol officers considered to be at risk.

Deputy chief Pol. Lt. Col. Daranpob Srathongyu accepted the bullet-proof vests from Pairoj Prawatlertudom, chairman of the National Police Board of Banglamung.

Pairoj said funds for the jackets came from various police board activities after learning many officers lacked proper safety gear while on duty.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-09-28

On 9/28/2018 at 11:04 AM, 007 RED said:

At 1,200 THB each, it is unlikely that they will stop a 'paint ball' at 50 paces let alone a 9mm bullet.  I hope they are also give a free amulet.

Just had a look on line. here in the UK new ones start at £150 (6,000B) upwards.

Whatever happened to the much-trumpeted Thai silk flak jackets? Someone lost an opportunity there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/379338.stm

And talking about opportunities ... maybe I'll try to sell steel-capped shoes to the traffic police because of the dangers of their feet being run over by drunk motorists, or motorists who don't get the correct answer to the question: "DO YOU KNOWWWW WHO I - I - I - I - AM?"